Tanking advice

Re: Tanking advice

Post 24 Mar 2012 10:53

User avatarJubeto

You have necroed a thread which is almost 1 year old.

Goddamn, this fissure skill is inaccurate.

Post 25 Mar 2012 22:34

What is cool about dk is that they can generate a certain amount of self-healing, but if the damage they receive starts going over what they can self heal, they will become weaker than warrior and Paladins as the amount of damage they receive grows. Take for example the bloods on heroic spine of deathwing. Sure the dk could make it trought a few with his self heal, but because he doesnt have block, he could be obliterated faster by 100 bloods than a paladin would be (block). Thats why they make a good tank for the amalgamation, because they require very little heal untill you bring it to over 3 stacks.

And paladins or warrior would be a better choice for tanking/kiting a big amount of blood.

Druid has a versatibility of being able to turn to cat when not tanking (Example, waiting for debuffs to wear out on any two tank boss fights (to do more dps ofcourse)). They also have a certain amount of absorbs like dks so they can keep themselves alive in some situations. Again, it could be a weaker choice against a great amount of damage incoming (less passive mitigation (no block)).

Just to say, all class are equivalent overall, but have their weakness and strenght that can be beneficial or dangerous in many situations.

Ofcourse, no content is uncompletable with a certain tank, but it can greatly help to chose the right tanks for every situation. Something high end raiding guilds can certainly afford.

Post 26 Mar 2012 10:54

Say a DK tank was tanking the bloods on heroic Spine; the more damage the death knight takes the more healing is done by Death Strike therefore leading on to a bigger absorb, then simply waiting for the absorb to come of to take huge hits and time a Death Strike to get a big heal etc etc you know what i mean i believe dk tanks could tank the bloods but during progression etc you need to pick a class (like warrior) that will help the most due to heroic leap infinte taunts nice aoe threat.

Post 26 Mar 2012 20:41

There is still a maximum amount of healing a deathstrike can do, and when the dmg the dk receive greatly surpasses the maximum absorb he can generate (ex a whole lot of bloods) trust me he will ge lolbliterated. We tested that.

Post 26 Mar 2012 21:32

SybanDraenor wrote:Say a DK tank was tanking the bloods on heroic Spine; the more damage the death knight takes the more healing is done by Death Strike therefore leading on to a bigger absorb, then simply waiting for the absorb to come of to take huge hits and time a Death Strike to get a big heal etc etc you know what i mean i believe dk tanks could tank the bloods but during progression etc you need to pick a class (like warrior) that will help the most due to heroic leap infinte taunts nice aoe threat.

While looking at total numbers the mitigation may come out to be comparable numbers, block simply out performs DKs abilities due to its active, rather than reactive, affect. The rate at which damage is incurred is too great of bursts for a DK to DS/Shield is way through during progressive runs.

Simply based on my H Maloriak progressive runs. =D