Arcane DPS

Arcane DPS

Post 11 May 2012 04:54

I'm an Arcane Mage and my DPS is low. Today I went to a traning dummy and only did 23758 DPS Which was 80.7 Percent Arcane Blast, 11.8% Arcane Missles, 4.4% Shadowbolt Volley, and 3.1% Flame Orb. I normally pull about 32K on Ultraxion which isn't very good but today i was only doing about 26K, could it be my new Janglespur Boots? For reforging im currently using Askmrrobot.com. Could someone please help me with my arcane DPS.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... ers/simple

Re: Arcane DPS

Post 13 May 2012 19:10

User avatarGuromin

It's not your boots. Without logs I don't know for sure. Your 390 weapon is holding you back. Try to acquire Lightning Rod if possible.You are also under hit cap. I would use WowReforge.com to fix your reforging. Beyond those two things, I would try and work to improve your play style and optimize your output from that aspect. Elitist Jerk's has a plethora of resources on Arcane (and all the other specs) for you to use.

Hope it helps,

-Guromin

Post 14 May 2012 13:26

Thank you sir.....so you would say that wowreforge is generally better than Mrrobot?

Post 15 May 2012 00:14

User avatarGuromin

Wow reforge and Mr. Robot do the exact same thing, however, I do not like the default settings on Mr. Robot so I recommend Wow reforge because it's correct. Additionally, Wow reforge gives you multiple reforging options so you can chose the one you believe is the best. You can use either and be fine, but I would change the settings on Mr. Robot before using it to whatever stat weights you get from Simulationcraft.

Post 10 Sep 2012 18:15

Edit: Deleted, didn't notice this thread was necro'd