heroic zonozz and heroic gunship tips

heroic zonozz and heroic gunship tips

Post 21 Feb 2012 21:33

on these two fights, do u want to keep LB up on 3 targets as long as possible?

should i change out glyph of pyro for glyph of LB on lootship? Do I cleave combustion off of zonozz to the big tentacle, saving combustion at the start? just looking for tips to eek out any extra dps i could do

thanks

Re: heroic zonozz and heroic gunship tips

Post 22 Feb 2012 00:55

User avatarGuromin

Conjorer,

These two fights are tricky because doing higher dps does not equate to doing the fight the most efficiently in most cases.

If you care to complete the fight and are not attempting to get a record the most effective way to do is to quickly burn down one eye, then the other and then the boss. It's especially important to burn the first eye down quickly because each defeated eye will reduce the amount of damage the raid takes. Gunship is similar, however, burning the drakes down faster means less damage to the boat (because less barrages will hit the boat).

If you are attempting to get a record and your group can afford for you to improve damage, but not effectiveness you should take advantage of multi-dotting. Even while doing mechanics you should keep Living Bomb on both drakes, but on Warlord I would limit cross dotting if healing is an issue. If it's not keeping 3 Living Bombs up is a good dps gain (especially if one of them is on the boss). The best damage on Warlord will come from people who sit on the boss the entire fight and cleave combustion and dots off onto the tentacle during black phases. If you want a record that's how to get it.

As for gunship, getting a record there is primarily about spreading combustion and keeping dots ticking. Spreading a large combustion to 3 targets is what will give people those 60k dps records. In phase 2 they are also spreading from the dragon to the boss.

If you intend to keep Living bomb up on Multiple targets constantly use Glyph of Living Bomb. I don't think it's worth using on Warlord even if you do muilti-dot.

I don't have any other tips (maybe someone else does) but these fights are primarily about strong combustions and good execution of mages rotation.

-Guromin

Re: heroic zonozz and heroic gunship tips

Post 06 Mar 2012 11:12

I agree with Guromin. This is highly dependant on your team and your strategy.

I have not yet killed Gunship HC, but I have killed Warlord. I always keep a LB on the boss, just having him as focus target is no problem. The ranged team for the tentacles are divived into 2x2 ranged dps. Which means that by the time we have killed our 3 tentacles the big claw is dead from the 2 melee DPS and there is no time to spread the combustion anyway. Which makes me a little sad ;)

I keep a LB on the boss at all times, and when we spread out to take the tentacles we burn the little on (eye?) down asap. After that me partner and I take a target each, and dot the other target as well. This works very well, better than taking the same target. The healers can manage it, and we don't waste our DPS by having to start the rota over.

Just my thoughts

Regards

Shizzy @ Darksorrow

Did everybody see that? Because I will NOT be doing it again! Cpt. Jack Sparrow