Yor'sajh Hc 25 man dps issues.

Yor'sajh Hc 25 man dps issues.

Post 19 Feb 2012 17:10

Hello, first time posting hoping to find some help analyzing logs and understanding my faliures.

Here is my logs: http://www.worldoflogs.com/guilds/18173/
Here is my char: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/grim-batol/Gothen/simple

My guild has reacently been progressing on Yor'sajh Hc. When looking over logs after each encounter, I notice that my dps i too low. I have considered:

-My rotation to get impacts: First BW that usually procs and my first sett of dots are up. Then I use DB. When FS wears off if use FS. Then i start over

- To late spreading my ignite procs or other dots: I usually spread as fast as I get a dot, but sometimes i dont have the impact there yet:S

-Not timeing my trinkets and other procs up at the same time as Comb: Sometimes I wait for haste trinket to proc but, rarely considering it. Recently i have change profession to Engeneering from JC>macro use comb and hand enchant. Maybe this will help...

- I use to much time trying to get impact when i should be spamming FB for ignites: I do admit that i get lost and frustrated over not getting impacts.

-Not useing PB on all my combs: I never hardcast PB to get it on my comb. Usually I get an instant proc that i save, but sometimes if ignite is up I dont wait for another ignite to use comb.

-I have realy bad luck all the time: I usealy get 0-3 ignites during aoe phase.

-My gear is badly reforged and enchanted: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/grim-batol/Gothen/simple

My problem is that Im am no good at analizing the logs to find out what I have to work on. If it is one of the issues above or if it is other issues that i havent considered at all...

Thanks in advance you're job is much appreciated here!

Re: Yor'sajh Hc 25 man dps issues.

Post 19 Feb 2012 21:33

User avatarGuromin

Gothen,

Your damage is sufficient on Yor'sahj 25H. The only reason the other mages are ahead of you is because their combustions did more damage. If you consider how many black adds you got on the kill this week strong combustions could have put you in the 70k-90k dps range.

If you have not already read my Ignite Guide I would recommend doing so.

Doing lots of damage on Yor'sahj is dependent on two things; opportunity and preparation. You need to be prepared and set yourself up to accept good rng.

If Blastwave alone isn't giving you an impact proc you should wait on using it. Use it when all the adds are crowded around the boss so it nearly guarantee's a proc. Do not use it while an ignite is on the target unless you have already cast Combustion. Anytime you use an instant cast that will not cause a large ignite you either munch the ignite on the target or prevent that ignite from being able to stack.

When it comes to the adds I wouldn't be worried about timing trinkets up with combustion unless they are use-based trinkets, however, do use your Engineering Gloves right before a Pyroblast! you are hoping crits. The extra intellect makes it more likely to crit and it will hit harder.

Worst case scenario I would hard-cast a pyroblast and hope it crits to spread ignite. If that crits, put LB up if it isn't already and then use Combustion. Even a small ignite is enough for a big combustion.

I would recommend watching some video's of mages doing the fight to get a better feel for the timing of spells and maybe learn a few things I haven't mentioned here.

-Guromin

Post 23 Feb 2012 02:35

Thanks for looking over my logs...

It made things alot clearer for me, now that i know what to fokus on... I managed to do as your comb guide said 2/11 etempts today on Yor' sahj HC. The other etempts i diddent have the opportunity to push combs and ignite to the next lvl.

I read your guide and all the comments, it helpt alot. Im looking at vids to understand more of the timing, but i cant find one the aktaualy makes the 70-90 dammage range...

Anyways ty for the reply;)

Post 24 Feb 2012 12:28

Hey Gothen, Quick suggestion if you're having timing issues on Heroic Yorsahj.

On our kills i actually sit there for about 3-5 seconds after the pull, and i don't use combustion till i see the first comp. This allows me to see the first composition with out losing my velocity haste buff. If a black ooz isn't present, i'll use it right away, if there is one i will pocket it. Since i waited so long to use the combustion i would have 10 stacks, and it lines up with the ooze spawning quite nicely.