Haste and Mastery

Haste and Mastery

Post 25 Jan 2012 03:49

Hello Paragon Forums, Mages and all other living virtual things!

I've been reforging around lately trying to sort out what would benefit me the most, but I'm still a mess after trying for quiet a while. So basically the issue is Haste vs. Mastery, but also how I can stabilize my dps, since it really feels like I'm either skyrocketing, or bottomsurfing on the charts. I have to add that this is my alternate character and was my previous main for a long time, so don't spend much quailty time playing it, maybe 4-5hours a week tops, which includes Firelands Heroic, since I'm getter DTR in rougly 2.5Weeks!

This is my Armory, feel free to comment, I'm open for any kind of help/critique.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/g ... adu/simple

Some say that 1505 is the only really needed "cap" for haste after you've received the 2P T13 Bonus, and then stack the crit out, then have the mastery to as high as you posibly can. Others say that Haste still scale better then mastery after that cap and therefor no point in keeping Mastery in the calculations.

From looking through Paragons rooster and other experienced fire mages, they clearly do not ignore mastery, but then again their haste is like mine (in their heroic tier), just because they cannot reforge it away more?

As you can see I could easily get rid of 180 haste to get my mastery slightly boosted, so its not a major change, secondly I'll most probably get the tier head a new trinket this reset. I know asking for a detailed list of trinkets is wrong 'cause there are already plenty of lists out there, but I just don't like switching out my NF, its such a nice trinket when my possible trinket list is not to long! 1/8HC on Alt-runs :(

Maybe in this case reforge my Legs from haste to Crit instead of mastery and getting the 65Mastery enchant on gloves? Just saw that glove enchant right now...

While I'm posting a thread here I'd also like to ask a really awkward question, except for the Character stats crit, which I'm raidbuffed to around 37.3% (40.30% with FM), and my glyphs which would be 5% to FB and PB, would my spellcrit on the boss add into that crit and result in roughly 47.3%/50%(FM) crit for my FB and PB?

Thanks for reading!

Baadu

Re: Haste and Mastery

Post 26 Jan 2012 08:30

User avatarGuromin

Baadu,

I've been quite busy this week after being in a small car accident and missing some school, so I apologize for not being as prompt as I like to be. Grats on Dragonwrath :)

As far as Haste VS. Mastery goes, I would first run a Simulation craft test to see what it believes is better for you. I'm guessing that it will think haste is better for you than mastery, as it is for me. I would consider 1505 to be the marker for the lowest your haste rating should be. A lot of top end mages with 1800 haste or more have the ability to reforge it off, but only into mastery. Since haste becomes even better as your gear progresses, it's better to have haste over mastery.

There are a few fights were it may be more ideal to reforge into mastery, but I would only consider this on new progression fights with heavy aoe, or multi-doting (25m Yor'sahj, gunship 2.0, and maybe madness since I haven't gotten there yet).

Yes, your spell crit should be roughly 50% on the boss with FM and Critical Mass active.

-Guromin

Re: Haste and Mastery

Post 27 Jan 2012 03:26

Okey, I hope you are in one piece!

It was as I thought, especially since I only play 10man, mastery is not as effective vs. haste.

Iran simulations and i seemd to prefer haste by a minimal margin, so it was totally down to ask
someone more experienced, especially when it could be either what that small of a differance.

I was curious over the Critical % for me just because RNG is fires biggest weapon, also its grave
when times are bad. Sure RNG goes for everyone, but it when it differs in fire, you probably know
how it feels!

Thanks for the answer and get better if you're injured!