Quick question about Tier

Quick question about Tier

Post 20 Jan 2012 00:33

Two questions :)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/m ... s/advanced

I have 397 Helm, 384 Tier Gloves, Pants, Shoulders, also 403 Gloves of LS.

First question: If I got a 384 chest would 3pc 384 + 397 helm + 403 gloves be an upgrade over what I currently have?

Second Question: If not what Item level tier should I aim for with the 403 gloves for it to be an sufficient upgrade.

Re: Quick question about Tier

Post 20 Jan 2012 08:03

User avatarGuromin

Chaos,

In general, using 3 LFR and 1 397 is not a dps increase, but on certain fights it does provide an advantage. For instance, Combustion can be used on every set of adds on Yor'sahj (excluding Back & yellow combinations). If you are looking for raw damage increase what you have now is technically a little higher than with LFR gear, but I would suggest switching. If I had to guess they would be within about 100 dps of each other (single target). The big question as far as dps goes is how long is the fight? If the fight is long enough for the new set to provide an additional combustion (and you have strong combustions) it's a dps increase. If it does not give an additional combustion it will be a dps loss.

It's a rather difficult state to be in and I was there myself at one point. I choose to use the t13 4 set because I knew damage wasn't a huge concern in my guild and also I wanted to start adjusting to the new set bonus. If we were going to attempt a fight were my other set of gear was needed I would just switch during trash.

In regards to your second question, it will be a dps increase in all aspects when you have 3/4 in 397 or in your case 2/4 of them 397 and the gloves 403. At this point the intellect outweighs the previous set bonus.

-Guromin

Re: Quick question about Tier

Post 23 Jan 2012 21:53

Thanks a bunch for the quick response, will do my best, really appreciate it. :)