Looking for a little advice.

Looking for a little advice.

Post 17 Jan 2012 02:05

Hello,
Thank you for taking the time to read this. I am a fire mage with fairly good gear but am not happy with my dps numbers. I will post a link of my armory and also my logs of the last raid i did. Although the fight that the logs shows i had different gear than my armory is going to show. For the gloves i had Gloves of Liquid Smoke [403], Firehawk robes [378] and the Lightning Rod [397] (it was a lucky loot night for me ). http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-a13gvkrv1obj221v/ http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... 5/advanced . I am fairly new to fire, the raid log shows my third raid as fire, but i don't feel I'm a bad player and i have done hours of research on my spec. I haven't however found anything to terribly useful. I use combustion helper and my big ignite along with the other raid add-ons, I use askmrrobot for reforging. Any and all advice would be much appreciated. One last question, with the legendary being out of the question for 8 months or so what weapons/offhand should i be looking for? Again thank you for your time!

Re: Looking for a little advice.

Post 19 Jan 2012 07:24

Kuja, your damage isnt really all that bad. You have pretty solid reforging, spec, and glyphs, and i don't see any terribly large mistakes in your logs. The main problem i noticed is you're getting fairly weak combustions. One thing to remember with combustion is your proc CD's. Keep in mind that your tailoring and power torrent proc will occur pretty quickly at the start of a fight. Aim to get combustions off when both those procs are active, even if it means taking a fireball crit (with those buffs) instead of a pyroblast crit (with out them). It might be useful to pick up an add on to track the internal cooldown of those procs. Sometimes its worth postponing a combustion for a few seconds to wait for them to pop up.

Guromin made an excellent thread about stacking ignites. I'd suggest reading it, has some pretty interesting stuff. .

It also looks like your clipping your living bomb sometimes, which is a small DPS loss since roughly a third of the living bomb overall damage comes from the explosion at the end. Never ever ever clip a living bomb.

Additionally it doesnt look like you're pre-potting. If you drink a potion just before an encounter begins, the effect will remain when the tank pulls and you'll be able to use another potion later in the encounter. Try to use your second potion during Bloodlust/Heroism/Time Warp, In Moleton Fury Range, or during a burn/AoE phase to get the biggest bang for your buck.

The final thing i noticed is you're not taking advantage of potential AoE situations. Impact spreading a wing tenticle/elementium bolt, Ice tombs on Hagara, forgotten ones on Yorsahj, and the melee adds on Blackhorn. Those are fights where fire shines through really well. And it's because of multi-dotting that they do so well, so you should attempt to make use of impact during those encounters are much as possible if there are multiple targets.

As for your weapon choice go with with hagara staff.

Post 21 Jan 2012 02:36

Thank you for your reply, as for the combustion tips do i need my strong procs to cast combustion or to just create a larger ignite?

Post 21 Jan 2012 04:16

User avatarGuromin

All you need is a large ignite. It's certainly easier to get a large ignite with intellect procs, but they are not mandatory. Combustion is not directly affected by intellect or Mastery.

-Guromin