Ignite for Combustion Guide

Re: Ignite for Combustion Guide

Post 19 Jan 2012 20:42

User avatarGuromin

Updated Guide to Include more information 1/19/12

Post 19 Jan 2012 22:33

Thanks for making this guide it has cleared a lot of issues up :)

I have a question: Do you suggest doing this everytime you have a hotstreak proc, or only when you have the proc and commbustion is off CD?

Post 20 Jan 2012 07:51

User avatarGuromin

Yumo,

That's an interesting point that I've been wondering myself. I did a little testing and I don't really think it matters. Defiantly do not wait to see if fireball crits because that is just wasted time you could be casting. So, I would say it's better to just use the proc to avoid getting a Hot Streak proc while one is already active.

-Guromin

Post 20 Jan 2012 21:22

very very nice, thanks a mil, im struggling quite a bit to get the spread on yor however this has proved amazing on other encounters, thanks a mil

Post 23 Jan 2012 13:05

Hey everyone

After my last post where I "critized" (well.. I expressed my doubt to) Guromin saying that one should not chain fireballs, I must say I take that (partly) back.

After realising that 2 spells fired at the same time, Fireball + Pyro, doesn't stack Ignite, it has been so much easier to obtain the large ignite stacks, leading to the larger combustions. This together with the fact that I have just obtained my 4th tier13, I now have become a much better player and ofc. obtained a higher DPS.

I just wanted to add on a site note, that just waiting 0.1 sec between spells can be enough. On some fights you won't be in melee range to check if your FB crits before it lands, and you will have to "guess". So you can just wait a bit and fire the next spell. If you don't like this RNG I suggest firing the Pyroblast after a LB refresh or a quick scorch.

Any thoughts?

Thanks for your guide again Guromin.

Reckert

Did everybody see that? Because I will NOT be doing it again! Cpt. Jack Sparrow

Post 24 Jan 2012 23:57

User avatarGuromin

Reckert,

First of all I would like to apologize for criticizing you. My intention was simply to clarify what I had previously stated.

As far as your question goes, I'll share what works best from personal experience, but I will leave it up to you to figure out what works best. Data can now prove that the longer ignite spends ticking before it is hit again the less powerful it will be. Allowing ignite to tick for 2 seconds before it is hit again will result in a much weaker ignite than if the same two spells doing the same damage were to hit .1 seconds apart from eachother.

I've come to think at this point that the distance from the boss doesn't affect what you do. Wait for an ignite to be on the target, cast one more Fireball and then .1 seconds after it finishes casting you launch the Pyroblast. The only problem is you won't know if the fireball launched crit or not. Casting Living Bomb or Scorch will work in allowing you to see if Fireball has crit or not, but from my experience it causes ignite to be much smaller once the Pyroblast hits.

If you find different results or come up with something else, let me know. I'm always curious to find ways to improve myself.

-Guromin

Post 26 Jan 2012 15:34

Guromin wrote:Reckert,
The only problem is you won't know if the fireball launched crit or not. Casting Living Bomb or Scorch will work in allowing you to see if Fireball has crit or not, but from my experience it causes ignite to be much smaller once the Pyroblast hits.

-Guromin

Now that you mention it, I have actually noticed this myself as well. I tested a lot during Madness on last raid. I wanted to find a way to gain a fairly good ignite quickly. So I thought: If a crit refreshes ignite, I can just put in a scorch between the fireballs, and prolong the ignite, gaining more time for another "high" crit from Fireball / Pyroblast. But I had a hard time gaining those huge ignites that you get when you launc a Pyro 0.1 sec after Fireball. I'd say on a large part of the fight it's worth taking the "risk" of not knowing wether FB will crit or not, and just launch the Pyroblast.

If I can I throw a LB inbetween is supposed to maximize one's DPS I reckon?

I will, as always, do more testing on improving, but I think the waiting 0.1 is the best way atm.

Lemme know if you find something useful

Reckert

Did everybody see that? Because I will NOT be doing it again! Cpt. Jack Sparrow