tier12 or tier13

tier12 or tier13

Post 29 Dec 2011 23:04

Hello.
I recently recieved my 4 set bonus (tier13). I've checked the dps difference between tier12 4 set bonus (4 heroic parts) and the 4 set bonus of tier13.
And from my experiments I can see that I do slightly more DPS with the t12 4 set bonus. (This is in the 10man raiding scene)

Less cooldown on combustion is great, but I seem to however proc pretty much less with pyroblast, which does alot of the damage. And that's what I wonder, if it's worth to drop the t12 anyways and equip the t13 instead.

Would like some repsons and see what you have to say regarding this :). thanks.

Re: tier12 or tier13

Post 30 Dec 2011 06:16

Hey outto!

t13>t12 The extra stats and sockets on the gear is enough to make it an upgrade.

Post 01 Jan 2012 05:40

User avatarGuromin

Outto,

Portalcakes is right. If played correctly t13 > t12. You didn't specify what if it was Normal 397 or LFR gear so I'll be a little more specific. If you have all 4 in 397 it's a dps upgrade. If you have 2 or less 397 it is not a dps boost.

Hope it helps,

-Guromin

Post 01 Jan 2012 18:27

Hello!
I have one tier part that is 384, the three others are 397. I know it's an upgrade, more int, more haste, less crit tho. And as I wrote above, when I tried to see the DPS difference between t12 and t13 4 set bonus, I noticed that t12 was slightly better dps, just because of the extra procs with pyroblast, I don't know if it's pure luck or if it is the actual set bonus that does it.
It feels like I'm the only one that noticed this :), everyone else seems to be like, it's better items, go for it. And I don't strongly agree what this, after my experiments.

I have only done theese experiements on dummies and normal modes.

Post 01 Jan 2012 21:20

Outto, your stat values are going to change, slightly between t13 and t12. As i'm sure your aware t13 2 set provides 500 haste once you get the stacks ramped up. this means we need a bit less haste to reach that all important 2005 area to get that extra tick of living bomb.

Essentially you want Intellect > Hit to or near cap > Haste to 1505 > Crit > Mastery > Haste.

That stat priority is for single target (or mostly single target) fights. On AoE encounters you may place a little more value in mastery.

Another thing to keep in mind is you need a fairly long fight to even see the t13 in action. If you're only doing a little bit of damage on a dummy (~3 min) you wont even see the benefits of the extra combustions.

Post 02 Jan 2012 00:54

Ah yeah nah exacly, that was what I was thinking. Might aswell be better on heroics etc. More hp=more time to cast cumbustion with the 4 set :). anyways thanks for respons and help!