DPS Issue - can anyone shed some light?

DPS Issue - can anyone shed some light?

Post 18 Dec 2011 22:46

Hey,

So recently I switched to fire and play it religiously now, I've properly reforged/gemmed my gear to it's fullest potential however I'm seeing some extremely poor DPS numbers on the Warmaster Blackhorn fight as fire.

Now I realize that there are multiple adds here so Fire is relatively very good at this fight and I've noticed other fire mages doing very well, in the 40k+ range dps. I don't see where this is coming from, I've been trying to multi living bomb all the mobs once they blow up while performing the regular rotation on the main target, but it just seems that they are dying too fast or I don't know. I can't find myself to sustain even over 20k DPS on the fight.

My question is, how do you go about DPSing on the Blackhorn fight? Just single target the ship adds and impact-spread dots, while DPSing the dragons down or what? I can't figure out where to even beginning performing well for this fight since Fire needs time to build up and get that rng pyroblast.

Thanks

Re: DPS Issue - can anyone shed some light?

Post 18 Dec 2011 23:10

First of all: I don't do +40k, but I do pull of atleast 30k on fights like that.

What you say sounds like the right thing to do, but just make sure you spread ALL your dots. Ignite, pyro, and combustion.
As a mage you wanna take a lot of the small "circles", because you don't lose to much dps while doing so. Unless your strategy tells you otherwise. Living bomb should always be on 2 or more targets, pref. 3 for the Pyromaniac to proc.
When I do this boss, I'm normally on dragons with a hunter (10 mans), and we take em down fairly easy. So keep 2 living bombs on the melees, and 1 on the dragon you take out. Spread your combustions and.. just perform better :)

You hardly get to cast a "normal" rotation on this fight, so don't get your mind to focused on that.

Is this the only fight you're having trouble on? If not, maybe the fault lies in your gear / spec.

Regards,
Reckert

Did everybody see that? Because I will NOT be doing it again! Cpt. Jack Sparrow

Re: DPS Issue - can anyone shed some light?

Post 15 Jan 2012 19:35

Spread your combustion to multiply targets.