Tarecgosa and Rawr stat priorities!

Tarecgosa and Rawr stat priorities!

Post 14 Dec 2011 02:11

Hello Baltha, Cevius and the Mage staff of DREAM Paragon!

With the introduction of Patch 4.3, the notable increase in Fires dps and the release of Dragon Soul... I had thought that after reading every possible post regarding Fire, be it on Elitist Jerks, Paragon and Manaflask, or even the standard WoW forums that I had a firm grasp on stat priorities and rotation and would have little-to-no questions once everything went live.

At first it seemed pretty straightforward... hit cap, 2005 haste, stack crit and routinely make sacrifices to the WoW Gods in order to hold RNG at bay.
Though in one post, I think it may have been EJ, I saw mention of Mages uses Tarecgosa holding haste in much higher regard than other Fire Mages due to the interaction with its proc. This was further mirrored by Rawr showing haste in almost all of my reforging after I specced back to Fire.
However... I noticed pretty much all of the top end Mages... be they from DREAM Paragon, Ensidia, Vodka, For the Horde, Blood Legion and so on... are all hoovering at varying levels of haste, usually around 12.78% or 12.66%.
Am I missing something?
Is there some secret being passed amidst the elite Mages of the WoW Universe that I'm not privy to or, maybe just too stupid to find?
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/h ... fyr/simple

Re: Tarecgosa and Rawr stat priorities!

Post 14 Dec 2011 04:51

User avatarGuromin

Lorosfyr,

Short answer: Reforge to 2005 until you have the t13 4 set. When you have that drop 100-200 haste.

Long Answer: 2005 is an addition tick on Combustion, which only benefits the mage while casting Combustion. Since Combustion is usually cast after several Fireballs 3-4 stacks of Stolen Time will have accumulated and push the mage over the 2005 haste cap. Each mage seems to reforge to a different amount bellow 2005, but I personally reforge off 100 haste. I do this for any fight in general. On a fight where Combustion is not used early on more haste can be removed because there is more time to accumulate enough stacks for combustion to benefit. On heroic progression encounters I will change my reforging to be optimal on that specific fight, but on Farm content I will be 100 haste bellow the cap.

In regards to Dragonwrath it does make haste slightly better, but only when it breaks a haste tick mark. Dragonwrath has the ability to duplicate any dot put on the boss (except combustion). This means that if you are reaching the 2005 haste tick mark the Living Bomb tick mark will not be a concern.

Hope it helps,

-Guromin