Mirror Image: DPS Cooldown?

Mirror Image: DPS Cooldown?

Post 04 Dec 2011 16:00

The question, as stated in the title, is Mirror Image considered a DPS cooldown and, if so, when do you use it? The answer seems simpler for Arcane, use it when it doesn't cost a GCD, but what about for Fire?

I apologize if this question has been answered elsewhere and thank you for your reply.

Re: Mirror Image: DPS Cooldown?

Post 05 Dec 2011 21:26

For arcane it was used on cooldown because of the Arcane Power glyph that made it cost no GCD. Fire doesn't have that luxury so i guess you can use whenever you can spare the GCD. Mirror Image does provide some dps (especially if glyphed) but i do not think its that groundbreaking to use it on cooldown. As fire i'd recommend using it when a lot of adds are up to soak the huge threat you might generate by AOE-ing them down. If there are no adds just pop it when you can.

Just my two cents.

Re: Mirror Image: DPS Cooldown?

Post 06 Dec 2011 00:30

User avatarGuromin

Gobblo,

My apologies on the delayed response. I've been rather busy recently with the new patch. I wanted to comment by saying that I do not use Mirror Images unless they are the only thing I can do to increase dps. I have not done any actual calculation to find out exactly how close it is, but I know that either way it doesn't make a huge impact. That being said here are a few reasons I use them anyway:

• Before a pull on a boss to prevent from threat issues or on a boss where pre-casting is not possible.
  • When attacking an add I would otherwise need the tank to have threat on first.
  • Where there is nothing else to do (eg. end of Hagara transition phase)

There may be a few more situations where Images are good, but in general I would consider them better for utility than damage.

-Guromin