4.3 Brief Fire Guide

Re: 4.3 Brief Fire Guide

Post 15 Dec 2011 08:03

User avatarGuromin

Updated the guide to include:
  • More rotation information.
  • Stat weights and haste ratings with t13 4 set.
  • A link to a complete table of haste values for additional tick marks.
  • Section about addons.

Post 17 Dec 2011 20:37

I have a question regarding the 37.5% haste plateau.
I do get DI every raid, should i go for the 37.5% haste plateau as soon as my gear allows me to do, to get the next combustion and living bomb tick, or would it be better off stacking crit @ 25% raid buffed haste?
The next question i have, would it be a dps increase at 37.5% raid buffed haste to replace pyroblast glyph with living bomb glyph?

I simmed it with simcraft 430-2, simcraft shows only small differences in dps, according to simcraft 25% raid buffed haste + crit stacking > 37.5% raid buffed haste + pyroblast glyph > 37.5% raid buffed haste + living bomb glyph. (All three constellations in a margin of +-300dps)

Thanks in advance

Post 18 Dec 2011 05:16

User avatarGuromin

Antili,

Could you please link me your armory? Thanks :)

-Guromin

Post 18 Dec 2011 10:28

Hello there.

Thats my armoury link. i Hope u acn give me some advice as well.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ded/simple

I'm confused bit about my states, as i heared u said if i have 4x set bonus i need 1500Haste cap.

but now iam 2005haste , i hope u can check my armoury and replay me what should i do.
Thanks for helpfully guidies.

Post 18 Dec 2011 17:10

Guromin wrote:Antili,

Could you please link me your armory? Thanks :)

-Guromin

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... D/advanced

Post 18 Dec 2011 17:41

I have a question though. If you get 25% haste raid buffed as a fire mage, you are supposed to be getting 13 ticks out of your combustion right? Why am I only getting 12 each and every time, I just don't understand :(.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... y/advanced

Also, don't mind the healing head and terrible trinkets for fire spec. I just rerolled mage since 4.3 so haven't had the opportunity to upgrade them yet :).

Post 18 Dec 2011 22:30

User avatarGuromin

I have a question regarding the 37.5% haste plateau.
I do get DI every raid, should i go for the 37.5% haste plateau as soon as my gear allows me to do, to get the next combustion and living bomb tick, or would it be better off stacking crit @ 25% raid buffed haste?
The next question i have, would it be a dps increase at 37.5% raid buffed haste to replace pyroblast glyph with living bomb glyph?

I simmed it with simcraft 430-2, simcraft shows only small differences in dps, according to simcraft 25% raid buffed haste + crit stacking > 37.5% raid buffed haste + pyroblast glyph > 37.5% raid buffed haste + living bomb glyph. (All three constellations in a margin of +-300dps)

In order to break the next platea of 37.5% you would need to obtain 3002 haste. With your current gear this is not possible even if you were to sacrifice hit (which wouldn't be a good idea). Theoretically going for this haste mark is a good idea, but in actuality the amount sacrificed to obtain it isn't worth it. In full BiS gear it may be something to consider and I will have to look into it, but right now (in your gear) I wouldn't advise it. In addition I don't think one extra tick of living bomb will make the Living Bomb glyph worth using. If your ever unsure try reforging and running a simulation craft to see how things compare.

@Cooled

Hello there.

Thats my armoury link. i Hope u acn give me some advice as well.
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... ded/simple

I'm confused bit about my states, as i heared u said if i have 4x set bonus i need 1500Haste cap.

but now iam 2005haste , i hope u can check my armoury and replay me what should i do.
Thanks for helpfully guidies.

Right off the bat your gemming is strange. A red +40 int gem should always go in a red slot. I really don't know where to start so I'm going to link you to some helpful guides. If after reading them you still have questions let me know and I will gladly answer them.

http://elitistjerks.com/f75/t110326-cataclysm_fire_mage_compendium/
http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/804052-Fire-4.3-Compendium

@Mowb

You should have enough haste if the code here is true:

Code: Select all
1.03 [Netherwind] x 1.01 [Goblin] x 1.05 [Raid buff] x 1.xx [Gear on your charecter] = 1.25

1.xx = 14.4358541

14.4358541 x 128.057 [amount of haste needed for 1% on gear] = 1848.6 -> [b]1849[/b] [rounded]

Subtract 500 because of your 4 set and you end up with

I spent some time stalking you. I pulled up your most recent logs and you were arcane the entire night. This makes me wonder how you are calculating the number of ticks Combustion is doing. Are you looking during a raid setting or on a training dummy?

My only other thought is that maybe you are looking at the number of ticks for combustion while you do not have 10 stacks of Stolen Time which would put you under the haste plateau for the extra tick.

Please let me know how you have come to the conclusion that you are missing a tick.

-Guromin

Post 19 Dec 2011 05:52

Heey bro.
Thanks for you answer but i think u didnt understand what i mean.

I ment i got my 4pices Tier 13, should i go for 1505Haste?

And yeah thanks for the Advice i ill go for intellect gems.

Post 19 Dec 2011 07:21

Hello Guromin.
I'm struggling a little with getting good combustions. On fights where there is 100% dmg increase i've not been lucky to get a good ignite + a hot streak proc. In these cases, would it be better to hard cast a pyroblast just before the 100% buff, and just hope for a big ignite within the amount of seconds you have it, or should i just use the combustion another time?

When i say good combustion i think 20-25k ignite.

Otherwise, when i only have 3 t12HC and 1 t12, when would it be a benefit to get t13 in fire? Can i for example take two pieces of LFR t13 on and two normal t13 and still get benefit overall or will it only be on fights like yor'sahj were the set bonus is much better than "stats"?

My armory isn't avaible because of server transfor, but my wowprogress is avaible: http://www.wowprogress.com/character/eu/ravencrest/Lopstar

Post 19 Dec 2011 10:04

Hey,

First of all I would just like to say thanks you for this guide. I think it is great that you'd take the time to make and keep this guide updated. It must take a lot of time and effort.

I have a question though. It has already been asked, but I don't think you replied. My question concerenses the addon mybigignite. It seems to me to be the case that it only calculates the ignite AFTER it has ticked once and as there are only two ticks if you are combusting after one tick that is needless to say a HUGE dps loss. I was wondering if this is the case for you and if not, what you have done to make it not.

Thanks again for the guide,
Yumo.