4.3 Brief Fire Guide

Re: 4.3 Brief Fire Guide

Post 07 Dec 2011 03:29

thanks guromin ^_^

Post 08 Dec 2011 21:45

Guromin wrote:@Zapzors,

Thank you for mentioning it. Early calculations made it difficult to predict the dps benefit from the buff on the item. Because of this it's damage was predicted to be less than that of the spirit staff, but new calculations estimate Ti'tahk to be better. I have changed the thread to reflect this new informational.

Hello,

I was wondering why the Lightning Rod from Hagara the Stormbinder doesnt seem to have been considered?
This item seems a bit buggy in the dungeon journal, it only shows on the heroic loot list(granted that is what this BiS list is made for), but according to wowhead it does indeed drop.
The staff has the same int, spell power, red socket and socket bonus as the spirit staff but then with haste+hit.

Thanks in advance,
Steve
Last edited by OniHouse on 08 Dec 2011 23:43, edited 1 time in total.

Post 08 Dec 2011 22:22

hey mate, was just wondering when should i be switching out my 4 piece t12 (with 3 of which are 391) as fire.
I have the 397 head at the moment and am wearing 403 gloves, any advice? cheers as always,
Hail
http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/eu/ ... ects/hail/

also on a side note, i appear to be getting better dps with rune of zeth over dmcv, yet all guides are telling me to use the card, how do you feel on this?

Post 09 Dec 2011 00:23

User avatarGuromin

Hailofthechamber,

As a general rule I would have either your t12 or t13 4 set active and complete. I would not attempt to use the t12 2 set and the t13 2 set simultaneously because the benefit from them is minuscule in comparison to either 4 set. Simulationcraft will tell you that using the LFR t13 4 set is a dps loss in comparison to the 391 4 set, but I would acquire those items anyway. Calculating which is better is not easy by any means. I, personally, side with using the t13 4 set even it is shown to be a dps loss on Simulation Craft. Here's why:

• Any Fight where it can be spread makes it a significant dps gain.
  • The duration of a fight can also impact the value of the set bonus
  • I'm skeptical that Simulation Craft does not account for Ignite stacking

Hopefully this clears things up about the tier set. For those who wish to rely on only numbers, the set bonus becomes an increase when 3 items are 397 and only one is 384.

OniHouse,

Lightning Rod was considered for BiS, however, the increased item level, haste proc, and buff to other players make Ti'tahk, the Steps of Time better. Anyone playing a guild that does not normally clear the content quickly and does not have Dragonwrath should consider rolling on Lightning Rod because chances are the next upgrade is a ways down the road.

-Guromin

Post 09 Dec 2011 11:12

Guromin wrote:Hailofthechamber,
OniHouse,

Lightning Rod was considered for BiS, however, the increased item level, haste proc, and buff to other players make Ti'tahk, the Steps of Time better. Anyone playing a guild that does not normally clear the content quickly and does not have Dragonwrath should consider rolling on Lightning Rod because chances are the next upgrade is a ways down the road.

-Guromin

Okay thanks, I just don't understand how the spirit staff got listed as BiS instead of the lightning rod before the Ti'takh calculations were finished.

Post 09 Dec 2011 11:22

You said that you briefly didnt use Combustion under a 20k ignite tick but what if it ignite doesnt procc that much as you want? Do you save it or until you get the big one?

Post 10 Dec 2011 02:15

User avatarGuromin

Kadesha,

I don't really have a good answer for you. Theoretically, with terrible luck, it's possible to never crit once in an entire fight. While this is unlikely, it is still theoretically possible. On a more practical note, there are a few things that can persuade me to wait or get Combustion on CD. I try to be aware of all my buffs, the duration of the fight, and the "Golden Window" (as I like to call it).

Predicting when your spells will crit is difficult, but the probability is increased when all buffs are up. There are few instances (with the t13 4 set) that I turn down a 20k ignite and wait for something better. The first of which is at the start of a fight. If I can get a 20k ignite within the first 5 seconds, chances are Something a little higher will come about. If nothing does within 10 seconds I'll take the next 20k ignite.

I do want to mention why I use the value 20k. My Pyrobast! crits are capable of producing ignites of 20k without any additional buffs (trinkets and intellect procs), encounter damage buffs, or ignite stacking. Determining 20k, was based on observation instead of math because the actual number serves as a guideline instead of an exact measurement.

So, Kadesha, I don't really know what else I can tell you other than your going to win some by waiting and your going to loose some. Just know the goal, and your surroundings to increase the number the times you win.

-Guromin

Post 14 Dec 2011 22:30

User avatarEmo

I have a question about the neck you listed as BiS. Is the hit/haste values a dps increase over the 35 intellect lost when you don't use Flowform Choker (Heroic)?

Post 15 Dec 2011 00:14

User avatarGuromin

Emo,

Opal of the Secret Order is better, but not by much. It will be one of the last things I buy with Valor. If your guild is killing Heroic Morchok the spirit neck from him is only a tad worse than either of those necks. If it would otherwise be DE'd it's worth picking up.

-Guromin

Post 15 Dec 2011 02:02

User avatarEmo

Alright, thanks, Guromin.