4.3 Brief Fire Guide

Re: 4.3 Brief Fire Guide

Post 03 Mar 2012 06:13

Thanks for the reply, the only other trinket is have is Dcard:volcano, is that a better option?

As far as weapon, ive had terrible luck at drops, but working on it.

Post 03 Mar 2012 07:40

User avatarGuromin

Yes. Darkmoon Card: Volcano is better, but not by much. Refer to this thread for more info on trinkets: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/985322-Mage-Official-4.3-quot-What-Trinket-quot-Thread

-Guromin

Post 03 Mar 2012 15:15

Hi,
I just joined a new guild and we are currently 3/8 HM. It is a 10 man guild and i am the only mage. We have a pally who plays ret on 1 tank fights apart from that, we have no one to give the 3%. I would appreciate it if you could tell me the heroic bosses on which it would be beneficial for me to play arcane given the make up of our roster.
Thanks.

Post 03 Mar 2012 17:06

I have http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/item/77221 equipped but got http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/item/77195 on bag and http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/item/71323 normal version all of them, what's better?

Post 04 Mar 2012 07:09

User avatarGuromin

Yumo,

There's a 10% nerf out now. The 3% damage buff will likely not be make or break on any fight. If you feel arcane is a better choice for your damage and does not sacrafice vital utility, it's okay to play Arcane on that fight. Until you begin work on Heroic Spine (which isn't terrible difficult on 10, or so I hear) it shouldn't make a huge difference what spec you play, as long as your personal damage is good.

Littleown,

Use simulationcraft!!!! Or search previous posts. After clicking the "search" button and simply typing in "Rithak" it came up with a post I made yesterday with the exact answer to your question.

Rithak is a very weak weapon choice. Anything other weapon from Dragon Soul of equal or higher item level would do more damage

-Guromin

Post 07 Mar 2012 03:36

Guromin,

Thanks for the great post man! It has been both inspiring and encouraging as I see so many mages are putting effort into pulling higher dps :)

I had a look at your ton and found out you are an engineer as I am. I want to ask you about the right time to use Synapse Springs. I macro this tinker with Flame Orb as they both have 1min cd. But according to your early post, Flame Orb is not recommended when we try to get big ignite.

Also I have another question regarding instant spells and Scorch in moving fight. What's the right casting order for them? For example you are moving from A to B while dpsing on your target. Obviously you refresh LB on your target once it wears off, then cast Flame Orb when it is off cd, and then what? Will you use Blast Wave on your target for higher dps or Scorch your target to reserve some mana while doing ok dps? (You can't stand still to cast a Fireball until you get to B.)

Thanks in advance.

"The beginning of wisdom is to desire it. The end of wisdom is to theorycraft."

Post 07 Mar 2012 05:18

User avatarGuromin

Sanalpha,

I time Synapse springs with Power torrent, my other trinket, when I am about to use combustion, during periods where the enemy takes increased damage, or when I intend to put Living Bomb on multiple targets. I re-rolled engineering because it gives you the ability to choose when you use it so you can time it with other spells and intelligent increase your chances of good rng and ultimately increase your damage output.

Anything worth casting in a single target rotation is worth casting over scorch in a mobile rotation. Hot streak procs, refreshing Living Bomb, Mirror Images, Flame Orb, and Blast wave have the same priority order as single target. If you can use one over scorch, do so. I've seen some research that states Blast Wave is worth casting on Cool Down if there are two or more targets present, so if that is the case, use it.

Never use scorch to "conserve" mana. It's not needed anymore and the only time I would ever use scorch is if I am 100% out of mana (like on Yor'sahj with a blue globule) or if I have managed my mana poorly on Madness of Deathwing. Scorch weaving is obsolete it's something I am removing from the EJ's thread.

-Guromin

Post 07 Mar 2012 08:39

Hi Guromin,

Thanks for the quick reply. It helps a lot!

One more question, I see that you put 3 points into Arcane Concentration and sacrificed 1 point in Pyromaniac and gave up Improved Scorch. How do you feel about that? I mean it definitely makes sense that with current gear fire mages rarely run out of mana. So why do we choose some RNG talent such as Arcane Concentration when Improved Scorch can sometimes keep up your dps output(by that I mean Yor'sahj with blue globule)?

Post 07 Mar 2012 17:33

User avatarGuromin

Hi,

My current spec is for Heroic Madness of Deathwing. I spec into Arcane Concentration to help with mana on the fight and remove points from Improved Scorch because it's not as helpful and points from Pyromaniac because that only benefits dps if you intend to pad damage on madness. Single target damage and aoe burst is more important than keeping up multiple dots.

My normal spec is the one linked in the guide.

-Guromin

Post 07 Mar 2012 23:53

Thanks for the answer Guromin!