4.3 Brief Fire Guide

Re: 4.3 Brief Fire Guide

Post 28 Feb 2012 06:55

Thank you again for replying and answering my question.

This must be what you mean by dream combustion: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oHDBePnIed4
even he doesent use a singel Pyroblast to get it so extreamly high^^

Post 28 Feb 2012 21:41

Hi,

Basically I have asked a simular question before, but I am changing it slightly :P in tonights raid, whislt we were doing madness, I noticed I wasn't doing the dps I would expect of myself. On close inspection, I realised my highest tick with combustion was 35K which is, needless to say, appauling.This got me wondering about the add on I use to track ignites (It deffinatly showed A LOT more than that on my add on). There is a built in one with mage nuggests and I have been using but after some testing on a training dummy, I found that it was wildly over reading (by aabout double each time) I then decided to install mybigignite which I have used before, but didn't really like because it took so long to come up with the ignite size. After experimenting with both, I found that mybigignite is much better at getting the size of an ignite, but takes a lot longer to calculate it. Just wondering about your thoughts on the matter and which (if any) you use.

Post 29 Feb 2012 06:41

thats very unusual. I used MBI and CombustionHelper simultaneously for about 3 weeks to compare the two and test for accuracy and i never had a time where one displayed a different number then the other. I highly prefer Combustionhelper over MBI, But if you're having accuracy issues, i'd say that pretty unusual. I did some searching around the interwebz and didn't find too many people commenting on poor accuracy.

Honestly just use whatever works better for you. If you're having consistent accuracy issues then it's not helping you at all, go with MBI. If it was just a fluke one time thing and you like the extra time Combustionhelper gives.. stick with that.

They both operate in similar ways however MBI doesn't display the damage until the hit actually occurs and the game server confirms that a crit has taken place and that ignite will be applied and a Ignite tick occurs. Thats why there is a lag. CombustionHelper takes the hit straight from your combat log and displays 40% of whatever it hit. for me, Combustionhelper has been highly accurate, ive never seen a incorrect ignite display. (not even a little bit off)

Both have setting that allow you to set thresholds to be more noticeable when you reach a desired ignite level, and both are extremely light weight and easy to operate and understand. It's all down to your preferences.

On a side note - 35k combustion ticks are pretty sweet in my books. i wouldn't be too shook up about it.

Post 01 Mar 2012 12:43

Ok, so....

Yesterday I Won the Shoulders from Mochrok ( HC version ) http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/item/78366

got the tier gloves as well ( normal version ) http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/item/76212

And im wondering what worths more, using Head chest hands and legs tier 397 and the heroic shoulders or

use Head Should Chest and Legs and the Valor point hands http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/item/77159

can u help me?

ty.

Post 01 Mar 2012 15:41

Head chest hands and legs

Post 01 Mar 2012 16:12

with the heroic shoulders?

Post 02 Mar 2012 05:40

Hey man, Great work on the thread

Couple of questions, I recieved the H Morchok shoulders and dont know if I should replace my LFR tier, thus breaking my 4 piece. would the stat gain out weight my 4 piece?

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/s ... d/advanced

sorry dont have any logs.

also wondering if you could help me raise my dps which is usually pretty low.

Post 02 Mar 2012 07:18

User avatarGuromin

Rahmrod,

Keep the 4 set. It will do more damage if you are using combustion correctly.

Here are a few things I noticed that you could easily change for more dps:
  • Bottled Wishes is really bad for fire. See previously Posted BiS trinket list.
  • Herbalism does not provide as strong a buff to dps as other progressions such as Tailoring, Enchanting, Engineering, Alchemy, Inscription and Jewel Crafting (which is not very good in 4.3)
  • Rithak is a very weak weapon choice. Anything other weapon from Dragon Soul of equal or higher item level would do more damage

Without logs there isn't much more I can help you with except link you to sites with good information. Elitist Jerk's has always been a great source of information, but their mage thread is a little bit outdated. Most of the information is accurate except for the mana conservation portions. There are people currently working very, very, diligently to update the thread for 4.3 so in the next week or two that should go live (I hope!).

Let me know if you have any more questions.

On a side note, I will be extremely busy over the next week and likely a little slow to respond to posts. If you didn't catch on from what I mentioned above, I volunteered to update the Elitist Jerk's Compendium. I'm very exited to be working on it and have something live as soon as possible. For clarification, I will not stop doing what I do here, but taking on that role in addition.

-Guromin

Post 02 Mar 2012 12:22

Guromin can u awnser me about what I posted up there plz? the heroic shoulders etc

Post 02 Mar 2012 23:36

User avatarGuromin

I would give you the same answer as Wishiwasawarlock. Use the Heroic Shoulders and other 4 set items. If you want to be 100% sure this is correct run a Simulation Craft test for each gear set to determine, for sure, which is better.

-Guromin