DPS seems really low?

DPS seems really low?

Post 12 Oct 2011 11:37

Hey,

Firstly here's my armory link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/c ... n/advanced

Basically, whenever I go on a target dummy to DPS I only get about 13k sustained DPS and 22k ish with all my cooldowns up (excluding lust). In a raid environment (10man) it's not much better and it's next to nothing on the move.

My rotation is: During a burn phase I'll blow my CDs and use my trinket for the haste buff and spam Arcane Blast until about 40% mana then Evo. After that I'll just 4x Arcane Blast then Arcane Missiles while using my mana gem/arcane torrent, arcane power and flame orb on cooldown. When all my CDs are back then I'll use them again and try and do another burn phase.

My question is: Why is my DPS so low? Everyone else seems to do much higher DPS. Is it my gearing? A rotation problem? And how can I increase it on the move?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks,
Brynn :)

Re: DPS seems really low?

Post 13 Oct 2011 13:12

Well, the biggest thing that is hurting you is not having t11 4 set bonus of +5% haste to Arcane Blast. Getting that would significantly increase your dps.

Brynn wrote:My rotation is: During a burn phase I'll blow my CDs and use my trinket for the haste buff and spam Arcane Blast until about 40% mana then Evo. After that I'll just 4x Arcane Blast then Arcane Missiles while using my mana gem/arcane torrent, arcane power and flame orb on cooldown. When all my CDs are back then I'll use them again and try and do another burn phase.
This was a little confusing, what CDs do you use in the burn phase?

Post 13 Oct 2011 16:19

Deptdint wrote:This was a little confusing, what CDs do you use in the burn phase?

Sorry!

I use all my CDs during the burn phase (I only burn phase if Evo is back or is about to come back). Then I'll use shorter CDs (e.g. arcane power) in between burn phases.

Post 13 Oct 2011 17:27

The CDs you should use in your initial burn phase are: Any Trinkets, Arcane Power, Mana gem, Mirrior Images(Using a macro to pop these will do wonders for your dps). It's also very useful to prepot on a fight if you can. It's worth mentioning that you should wait until you 4th stack of AB to pop your CDs. If you are using hero right off(Bale), then you will want to hold flame orb for your regen phase, if it's being held for later(rags), I pop it right after my 4th stack but before I blow my CDs; it should be of CD by the time you are in your regen phase. Another trick to squeeze out some extra dps is use mage ward/mana shield when some raid damage is getting ready to go out. You'll gain some spell power and help your healers out.

I forgot to cover dps on the move in my last reply. Sadly, Arcane isn't very mobile, if you're not casting, you're not doing any damage(meaning no DoTs). Now to address this, try to move as efficient as you can and use PoM Arcane Blast too. Depending how far you need to move and if PoM is on CD, use arcane barrage if your AB is going to fall off.

Btw, how much mana are you maintaining during your regen phase?