Dps question

Dps question

Post 11 Oct 2011 14:36

Hello.

Everytime I pug a raid and people see my gear, they tell me that i should do more dps.
My dps is about 22-28k and they tell me i should be able to do atleast 30-40k dps with my gear.

My armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/ravencrest/Lopstar/advanced

I have a WOL of our baelroc HC trys, domo and raggy kill's yesterday, don't know if u can use them: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-0g5fqddg2k15wpeu/

My rotation is:
In the start i pop all cd's and mana gem to get the most output untill i reach 35% Mana. In this phase im able to do about 60-70k dps, after that i keep my mana over 90% untill evocation is ready again.
I try to keep mana shield or mage ward up all the time to get incanters absortion and also using fire orb everytime i can.

Ive been reading the elitistjerks thread, and also some posts at this forum.

My question is:
Is it even possible to reach 30-40k dps with my gear, and if it is. What do i do wrong?
I use rawr mage to my enchants and my reforging, but i think it value haste very high, so I don't follow it 100%

Thank you.
Last edited by LopStaR on 12 Oct 2011 06:30, edited 2 times in total.

Re: Dps question

Post 11 Oct 2011 21:42

They are right to say you can do more than 22k dps sustained with your gear. I would say hitting 40k would be pushing it quite a bit, maybe if you pop all your cd's and get good procs from trinks or w/e else. But 10 mans vs 25 mans also must be taken into account as well. However 22k dps in Firelands in 10 man while working on heroic Baleroc seems kind of low from my point of view. Although since I am not a mage myself and neither do I play one extensively at all, I could not go into depth on anything and perhaps I could even be wrong. Only reason I say you could do more is noticing other mages in the same type of gear putting out higher numbers than you are, which leads me to believe you can do better.

If you would like a more serious discussion as well from other mages on the forums, list what you do for your rotations. Do you know about the Burn Phase and Conservation Phase with your mana as a mage? Have you read up on elitistjerks.com about your class/spec? List good info so people can see what it is your doing during an attempt and then they can perhaps provide you with better advise.

~Ryuusenshi

"Saru mo ki kara ochiru" - "Even monkeys fall from trees."

Post 12 Oct 2011 06:21

Thank you.
I've just edited my topic with some more info.

Post 13 Oct 2011 13:01

You should keep in mind that each fight is different and so will your dps, even more so if you are assigned a task for a particular fight. The one thing that I would point out is keeping your mana above 90% during the regen phase. I try to maintain 80% and up. This will give you more arcane blasts at 4 stacks which might bump your dps up some. As Guromin has recommended to me, download SimulationCraft and import your character; it will tell you the dps you should be doing.