Help with my mage

Help with my mage

Post 04 Oct 2011 04:55

Hi,
I was hoping someone could help me out with my mage, just to check over reforging and rotation.

Here's my armory:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... r/advanced

Firstly, I do use SimulationCraft and askmrrobot, but I've questioning what it's been telling me to do. I usually redo the sim's to check the stats are correct. It will often tell me to reforge to haste heavy in one sim, and mastery heavy in another sim with the same gear on.

I'm working on getting Moonwell Chalice, although I've read in some places that Darkmoon Card: Volcano is better then it, while other places say Moonwell is better then DmC. Would you be able to clarify?

Regarding rotation, I have the burn and conservative phases down (MageManaBar makes it really easy). I'm unsure when I should be using Flame Orb though, right now I pop it on cooldown during conserve phase.

Other then those things, is there anything you can see that I should change?

Re: Help with my mage

Post 04 Oct 2011 16:10

The gemming/enchants look fine to me. I usually opt for the +50 Mastery to boots but I see a lot of casters that prefer the run speed.

As for the moonwell chalice vs. Darkmoon Card, I much prefer the Darkmoon Card for most fights. The only time I generally use the Moonwell Chalice is on fights such as Alysrazor where there is a clear burn phase and I can make good use of the Mastery use on the trinket. But for the most part, I stick with the permanent mastery boost from the Card with the int+damage proc it has on the equip.

One other thing I would say is that your professions could squeeze out more stats for you. For example the embroidery to cloak from tailoring which I much prefer to the +50 intellect enchant to the cloak, +40 intellect enchants to rings from enchanting, or the +67 intellect gems from jewelcrafting. Not to mention you can make your pants enchant from tailoring for free :D!

Re: Help with my mage

Post 05 Oct 2011 14:18

Tailoring is by far the best profession for mages hands down, however blacksmithing and leathworking provide the same benefit as enchanting, jewelcrafting etc. Blacksmithing, with the 2 extra sockets = 80 intellect, Leatherworking, with the 130 int to bracers enchant instead of the 50 intellect enchant available to non leatherworkers.