Trink

Trink

Post 02 Oct 2011 17:41

My english is not very good, so right away to the point.
Which package is preferred: (Heroic) Theralions Mirror + Moonwell Chalice or Darkmoon Card: Volcano + (Heroic) Theralions Mirror.
Thanks in advance.

Re: Trink

Post 03 Oct 2011 05:02

User avatarGuromin

Nikolahawk,

I will keep it short and to the point as well. Moonwell Chalice is the better choice with Theralions Mirror (heroic). Darkmoon Card: Volcano is good, but not as good according to SimulationCraft and Rawr.

Hope it helps,

-Guromin

Post 10 Nov 2011 02:22

Guromin, so the best two trinkets to use for a mage are the H Therallon's Mirror (for right now since im only doing a few heroics), and the other trinket from doing the molten front dailys? Is the Rag trinket good for arcane mages? with the one from molten front? i do have the darkmoon volcano as well. Been doing Therallon's Mirror with the Volcano because of the mastery! Just wondering what u would do .?

Post 11 Nov 2011 22:26

I roll with the Rag trinket and the Card. I like the int proc on the card plus the mastery bonus. I also reforged mastery -> Hit according to RAWR when I was getting everything straight.

I have the Moonwell Chalice, but I only use it on fights with a clear burn phase (Alysrazor, Beth'tilac, etc...) Other than that, I prefer the constant mastery boost on the card.

As for if the Rag trinket is good, yes it is. Very good. That provides a huge intellect boost as well as a damage boost depending on how many electric charges stack up before the lightning bolt procs. It procs a lot for me.

Post 12 Nov 2011 20:11

User avatarGuromin

TheBanger,

I will go ahead and list out the best trinkets for arcane mages. The values may differ a little bit depending on your characters gear, but not enough to make a big impact.

In General here are the best trinkets listed from Best to Worst:

Shard of Woe
Heroic Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor
Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor (Normal)
Heroic Theralions Mirror and Moonwell Chalice (The better one depends on your other trinket)
Theralions Mirror (Normal)
Darkmoon Card: Volcano
Soul Casket

That is where I am stopping the list because the bottom two can be obtained without raiding. Blink brings up a good point about different fights changing what trinkets are going to be best. It would be difficult for me to determine which trinket is exactly best on every fight in Firelands and I believe the effort would be in vain considering that Dragon Soul is on it's way within the next two weeks or so.

If you have any specific questions as to a particular fight I could answer for that one, but I don't want to do it for all of them when, in reality, it wouldn't boost your dps enough to make a big impact on this nurfed content (except on Heroic Rangaros).

Which brings me to Heroic Ragnaros Trinkets:

I use Shard of Woe and Sarrowsong (346), because damage doesn't matter in Phase 1 and 2, but it is very important in phase 3 and 4. Depending on what trinkets you have Sarrowsong could prove to be a dps increase for you as well.

Hope it helps,

-Guromin