Performance Queries

Performance Queries

Post 17 Sep 2011 07:27

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/abl3 ... amageDone/

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/i ... las/simple

My raid leader was asking for more performance but I don't know how to give it to him. I use my CDs appropriately and my conservation is ABx5 AM ABx4 AM repeat. My mana never drops below 95% and idk what I can do more to help my dps. I was wondering if anyone here could give me some help, rate me on my performance or direct me to a site that can help.

Re: Performance Queries

Post 17 Sep 2011 19:03

User avatarGuromin

Rileytucker,

I have reviewed your armory and logs to locate the source of your issues. I have come to the conclusion that your gear is the greatest inhibitor of your damage. You have several sub-par items that could be easily upgraded with Valor Points or in t11 normal content. On that note I will still mention a few things regarding your play style.

Your currently using Stump of Time which is a decent trinket, however, Theralion's Mirror is a much more viable choice that would benefit more dps for you. If you do not already have it I would recommend trying to acquire it.

I have not run the exact numbers on your charecter, but I can tell you that if you were to use the t11 4 set instead of the t12 2 set your damage would be greatly increased. It is unfortunate that the t11 4 set is so much stronger than the t12 set bonus, but on the bright side it is much easier to obtain. Considering your current gear level, I would begin to save up your t12 4 set items, but not equip them until you have all four. Leave your 372 chest or acquire another item from Firelands that is not necessarily a set item to replace the 5th tier spot wherever that may be.

Your using one 365 ring right now and a ring from a boss, I would reccomend using your Valor points to purchase the second ring instead of tier items. On a similar note your neck is also 365 and should be replace by the valor neck after getting the ring. Purchase the neck second because you are now killing Majordomo and could receive that neck. There are no other rings for you to get other than the exalted reputation one, which is BiS.

Your boots are 359 and there is a boe 378 you could attempt to create. It's fairly easy to get assuming there is a willing tailor and some guild materials available. This may be something you've decided to skip with consideration to the boots that drop off Shannox. If this is the case, I have no objections, however, it is my job to at least mention it.

Your bracers are 372, which is great, but the BoE bracers are better. I don't know about your server, but on Stormreaver they are down to about 4k. I would grab those bracers because you will not replace them until Heroic Majordomo.

Lastly as far as your gear is concerned is your weapon which is only a 359. Your really missing our on a lot of potential damage not having at least a 378 one. If you were to spend money on anything I would purchase the boe staff because it would prove to be very beneficial to your damage; more so than any of the other upgrades excluding the t11 4 set. I, again, understand if you are choosing to wait for it to drop off a boss such as Beth'Tilac.

In looking over your logs I have seen few problems. You mentioned that you keep your mana above 95%, which if done correctly would be astonishing, but I have my doubts. I would be absolutely positive that you are not going to hit 100% mana at any point during any fight so as not to waste any mana. Mana is dps for arcane. Second I wish to address what you have stated as a rotation and inform you to stop. Arcane is not about a rotation and never should you be thinking about how many arcane blasts you are going to do before missiles and then repeat. Instead focus on where your mana is it. I set a goal of where I wish for my mana to go and how quickly I want it to get there. I instead of thinking about my rotation, put that brain-power to actually watching my screen to see what is happening and be more aware. I do not know your raid leader, but I do feel as though he is over-stressing the importance of dps at your current stage of progression. My guild personally rarely chastises people for low damage, but believe me people get kicked all the time for failure to execute a fight correctly. In simpler terms, you are not going to wipe the raid if you miss one gcd to move from Baleroc's crystal, but you will wipe the raid if your focus is to heavily on your damage and rotation that you neglect the mechanics and end up taking shard damage. I realize (as I hope you do as well) that is is a basic concept and there is a strong chance you are aware of it, but I feel the need to stress the importance of someone who can execute a fight correctly and knows when to sacrifice damage.

Without having done any actual calculations on your dps with SimulationCraft I am estimating that you are about on target with your current gear set. You just are not going to beat the hunter on Beth'Tilac. I have a 386 ilevel and I don't do as much damage as him and it's simply because he is doing aoe. It's not a fair comparison, but this is:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/abl3 ... &target=39
This is damage done directly to Beth'tilac which is more accurate as to your roles.

Best of luck,
-Guromin

Re: Performance Queries

Post 17 Sep 2011 20:18

Guromin wrote:Rileytucker,

I have reviewed your armory and logs to locate the source of your issues. I have come to the conclusion that your gear is the greatest inhibitor of your damage. You have several sub-par items that could be easily upgraded with Valor Points or in t11 normal content. On that note I will still mention a few things regarding your play style.

Your currently using Stump of Time which is a decent trinket, however, Theralion's Mirror is a much more viable choice that would benefit more dps for you. If you do not already have it I would recommend trying to acquire it.

I have not run the exact numbers on your charecter, but I can tell you that if you were to use the t11 4 set instead of the t12 2 set your damage would be greatly increased. It is unfortunate that the t11 4 set is so much stronger than the t12 set bonus, but on the bright side it is much easier to obtain. Considering your current gear level, I would begin to save up your t12 4 set items, but not equip them until you have all four. Leave your 372 chest or acquire another item from Firelands that is not necessarily a set item to replace the 5th tier spot wherever that may be.

Your using one 365 ring right now and a ring from a boss, I would reccomend using your Valor points to purchase the second ring instead of tier items. On a similar note your neck is also 365 and should be replace by the valor neck after getting the ring. Purchase the neck second because you are now killing Majordomo and could receive that neck. There are no other rings for you to get other than the exalted reputation one, which is BiS.

Your boots are 359 and there is a boe 378 you could attempt to create. It's fairly easy to get assuming there is a willing tailor and some guild materials available. This may be something you've decided to skip with consideration to the boots that drop off Shannox. If this is the case, I have no objections, however, it is my job to at least mention it.

Your bracers are 372, which is great, but the BoE bracers are better. I don't know about your server, but on Stormreaver they are down to about 4k. I would grab those bracers because you will not replace them until Heroic Majordomo.

Lastly as far as your gear is concerned is your weapon which is only a 359. Your really missing our on a lot of potential damage not having at least a 378 one. If you were to spend money on anything I would purchase the boe staff because it would prove to be very beneficial to your damage; more so than any of the other upgrades excluding the t11 4 set. I, again, understand if you are choosing to wait for it to drop off a boss such as Beth'Tilac.

In looking over your logs I have seen few problems. You mentioned that you keep your mana above 95%, which if done correctly would be astonishing, but I have my doubts. I would be absolutely positive that you are not going to hit 100% mana at any point during any fight so as not to waste any mana. Mana is dps for arcane. Second I wish to address what you have stated as a rotation and inform you to stop. Arcane is not about a rotation and never should you be thinking about how many arcane blasts you are going to do before missiles and then repeat. Instead focus on where your mana is it. I set a goal of where I wish for my mana to go and how quickly I want it to get there. I instead of thinking about my rotation, put that brain-power to actually watching my screen to see what is happening and be more aware. I do not know your raid leader, but I do feel as though he is over-stressing the importance of dps at your current stage of progression. My guild personally rarely chastises people for low damage, but believe me people get kicked all the time for failure to execute a fight correctly. In simpler terms, you are not going to wipe the raid if you miss one gcd to move from Baleroc's crystal, but you will wipe the raid if your focus is to heavily on your damage and rotation that you neglect the mechanics and end up taking shard damage. I realize (as I hope you do as well) that is is a basic concept and there is a strong chance you are aware of it, but I feel the need to stress the importance of someone who can execute a fight correctly and knows when to sacrifice damage.

Without having done any actual calculations on your dps with SimulationCraft I am estimating that you are about on target with your current gear set. You just are not going to beat the hunter on Beth'Tilac. I have a 386 ilevel and I don't do as much damage as him and it's simply because he is doing aoe. It's not a fair comparison, but this is:
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/abl3 ... &target=39
This is damage done directly to Beth'tilac which is more accurate as to your roles.

Best of luck,
-Guromin

Alright, thank you very much! Always appreciate the help. I will get on getting my t11 gloves asap. I can't out-dps the hunter. I honestly think he's one of the best raiders ive ever seen. He does consistently 40k on rag without messing up any mechanics and it's sort of mind-boggling. I will direct him to this post and thank you very much!