sophisticated question about thought process

sophisticated question about thought process

Post 10 Sep 2011 19:27

Hello,
I got a more sophistcated question about positioning:
Trying to improve my mage I came to this question, is there a priority list or a thought process according to where to position my mage?
Something like get a point where i can place my mage, look arround für traps or dangers - blink to it.
I hope you come up with a better version of this. I definitly have a problem to place my mage. Often I end up on the wrong place having to move again, and dps goes down. How can i develop a better sense to pick the right spots?
I think there has to be a general way of thinking behind it. Sure concret boss knowledge in terms of knowing what is going on in the raid is substantial, but isn´t there a general thought process behind all of it?

A trivial gearing question added: I reforged according to the stat weights Int hitcap mastery>crit>tempo
http://eu.battle.net/wow/de/character/k ... l/advanced

rawr agrees. But I was critisized by other mages I would need more haste. Just let me know whether i´m right or not.

Re: sophisticated question about thought process

Post 12 Sep 2011 15:48

Hi

Positioning? Well there is no recipe for it. It requires practice practice and.. practice. You can always prepare yourself before a fight, by reading up on strategies, but you will never have a 100% secure way to do it right. Depending on the fight, you will have to move more or less. The only tip I can give is: Abuse blink and foresee what is going to happen. If you KNOW you will have to move in 4-5 seconds again, and it has to be fast to avoid dmg, save your blink. Do you know that you will be safe for 15 seconds? Use blink! It's a major dmg loss to run, thus you will need to abuse blink.

So to sum up: Practice!

If you were looking for a different answer, please tell.

Shizzy @ Darksorrow

Did everybody see that? Because I will NOT be doing it again! Cpt. Jack Sparrow