BiS TRINKETS FOR ARCANE

BiS TRINKETS FOR ARCANE

Post 09 Sep 2011 22:11

I have the Tol Barad hit trinket with sp procs and my Figurine - Jeweled Serpent.
Now I applied for a guild and the GM is telling me that the moonwell chalice is so much better than the Jewelcrafting trinket BUT all the formulating websites tell me that the Jeweled Serpent is better(actually they say its 3rd BiS next to shard of woe and the trinket off heroic ragnaros). I figured since formulators cannot always account for everything, I would come over here and post on your forums to ask some of the best mages in the world. Which is better, Figurine - Jeweled Serpent or Moonwell Chalice?

My reasoning vs. his:
Mine: The mastery gets HIGHLY diminished when your mana is below 70% or at least it seems so to me(I don't do any number crunching for myself). So, it seems that since the jeweled serpent has the only ON USE spell power effect to my knowledge, the spell power has no effects reducing its effectiveness, and a large portion of an Arcane Mage's DPS comes from our burn phase that the jewled serpent is better.

His: The moonwell chalice's intellect gives a very high boost to dps AND the amount of mastery makes the extra damage at the beginning of your burn phase greater than the consistent spellpower throughout.

Thank you ahead of time for your thoughts,
Flealas - US ILLIDAN :]

Re: BiS TRINKETS FOR ARCANE

Post 10 Sep 2011 06:47

User avatarGuromin

Rileytucker,

Here is a general list of the best trinkets for Arcane mages. A few of these may shift based on your gear, but the general premise should remain the same.

Shard of Woe > (Heroic) Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor > (Heroic) Theralions Mirror > Moonwell Chalice > Theralions Mirror > Darkmoon Card: Volcano > Witching Hourglass (346)

I am stopping the list there at the two items you can get without even raiding. I hope that answers trinket questions in regards to bis trinkets.

-Guromin

Re: BiS TRINKETS FOR ARCANE

Post 10 Sep 2011 09:32

Guromin wrote:Rileytucker,

Here is a general list of the best trinkets for Arcane mages. A few of these may shift based on your gear, but the general premise should remain the same.

Shard of Woe > (Heroic) Variable Pulse Lightning Capacitor > (Heroic) Theralions Mirror > Moonwell Chalice > Theralions Mirror > Darkmoon Card: Volcano > Witching Hourglass (346)

I am stopping the list there at the two items you can get without even raiding. I hope that answers trinket questions in regards to bis trinkets.

-Guromin

Thank you very much!