Arcane Mage pvp enchants/gems/talents

Arcane Mage pvp enchants/gems/talents

Post 08 Sep 2011 18:08

Hello there!

Im totally noob at pvping and i'd like to start doing some pvp with my lvl85 Arcane mage.
I have crafted some Bloodthirsty Embersilk/Fireweave pieces to start some action on random battleground and Tol barad.
Im going to respec Fire to arcane pvp.

First of all i want to know good pvp spec (i didnt find one) and what gems/enchants i should use?
And ofc how to reforge my gear? :)
How about trinkets, is there any good pve trinket i can use? Is Soul Casket good for pvp?
Any other tips/advices are very welcome :=)
Some thoughts about my pve arcane gems/enchants/talents are welcome too.

Thanks

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/j ... hil/simple

Re: Arcane Mage pvp enchants/gems/talents

Post 18 Sep 2011 04:44

User avatarGuromin

Nadragh,

Apologies for the lack of response to your question, but I assure you it was not without reason. Your asking questions about PvP on the worlds best PvE guild website. Although I cannot speak for others, I personally do not PvP at all and have abstained from answering your question on that basis.

Unfortunately there is not much more I can tell you without doing research on something I don't wish to partake in (and you could do yourself). I would try to look for another forum to post on or search for some website about Mage PvP.

I will give you my very best answers to your questions anyway.

I would look up the top PvP Frost mages and copy their spec or Google "PvP Frost Mage Spec". I'm sure you'll find something. I honestly can't tell you for gems. My guess is to go for maximum Resilience.

When doing your pvp gear reforging you should reforge the same way you would for PvE excluding hit. I don't know for sure about PvP trinkets specifically, but I can tell you that survivability is more important than damage. On that regard you should aim for first survivability and second damage. Any trinket good for PvE will be near-as-good for PvP.

Didn't want you to feel ignored,

-Guromin