MageManaBar : Mana management made easy

MageManaBar : Mana management made easy

Post 10 Aug 2011 12:16

User avataroldchap

Hi everyone. I'm the creator of the mod "CombustionHelper" - which is considered standard for many Fire Mages today. I thought it might be a good idea to submit my work to the mages hanging here.

So let me present again this wonderful addon of mine to people who haven't heard about it yet.

This is aimed to be the ultimate Mana Bar for Mages. Arcane Mages specifically will find many of MageManaBar's features invaluable in helping to manage Mana optimally and refine their gameplay with nice things for skilled players with unique features never seen before (by me at least...) like Mana overflow report, mage armor tick cooldown, spell cost indication and so on.

Anyway, have a look and as always send me feedback and suggestions here or on curse : http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/magemanabar.aspx

ImageImage
ImageImage

• It will always show your real Mana Pool by ignoring temporary Int Buffs which distort your Mana % on standard Unitframes (Eg: Darkmoon Card: Volcano, Power Torrent, Synapse Springs etc).
  • Marker at 35% Mana to show where Evocation can be used without wasting Mana (Factors in ~2 ticks of Mage Armor whilst channeling).
  • Marker at (Max Mana - 12 405) to show where Mana Gem can be used without wasting any Mana.
  • Marker for "Next Mage Armor Tick". (Showing how much Mana the next tick of Mage Armor will give). Featuring autohide when not present in fire/frost spec. NEW !
  • Marker for Flame Orb mini burn. (Showing how much mana you should regen through AM spam).
  • Marker for Arcane Torrent.
  • Timers for Evocation, Mana Gem, Flame Orb, Arcane Torrent and Mage Armor (Ticks).
  • Show your expected current cast mana usage in realtime on the mana bar.
  • Optional and fully customizable health bar.
  • Color settings to change the color of the mana bar based on markers crossed.
    Information panels that you can unlock and place wherever you want on the bar or the screen, change size and background. This should allow you to make the Mana bar the way you want it. Also featuring a tag list to choose whatever info you want in the style you want (Absolute Cur/Max HP, Cur/Percent mana, Absolute Cur/Max mana, Mastery, Spellpower, Time To Die and many more !!).
  • Realtime information of mana overflow and lost mana due to end of intellect procs. You will know each time how much mana is wasted in chat report with a summary at the end of the fight to help you refine your gameplay.
  • Optional advanced gameplay suggestions during fight based on your cooldowns and tested theorycrafted concepts to help you mastering Arcane way of managing mana. You can also enable or disable any of theses suggestions if it doesn't fit your way of playing.
  • Advanced customisation options for all elements of the addon. You can change colors, textures, fonts, size, alpha, ordering of elements. Everything is optional and can be disabled to make MageManaBar what you always dreamed of.
  • Arcane explosion manager. Once you use AE with an AB buff the warning panel will show your AE casts on a timer representing your AB Debuff, also showing the current cast time needed to refresh it. Cross the red section and you'll be unable to refresh in time ! NEW!
  • Getting closer to UnitFrame replacement with the player menu when right clicking on frame and player selection when left clicking, casting bar and alternate power bar. NEW !
  • Import Export manager for settings. You can share your settings with fellow mages and import new ones. Have a look at the post below to get some new settings. NEW !

For more skins and settings, have a look at http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/100 ... t-not-only .

USE THE RESET BUTTON IN INTERFACE /OPTIONS WHEN UPGRADING FROM BETA TO RELEASE VERSION OR IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEM

Thanks for you time.
Last edited by oldchap on 04 Nov 2011 06:33, edited 3 times in total.

Re: MageManaBar : Mana management made easy

Post 13 Aug 2011 22:26

you have done so much in the line of addons to make my life so much better and easier, LOVE YOU

no but seriously cheers, your like the guromin of addons, thanks.
Im trying out the add on atm, seems pretty great but it should be made more into a replacement for your player unit frames. By this i mean that you should make it easier to put your current health value onto the frame and also debuffs/buffs. Another idea that might be useful would be to allow you to make your health colour change according to its percent if you get me?

The only other thing flawing this addon is how hard it is to make the percentage of mana you have seen, i personally like to have the percent on top of the mana bar itself but i cant as it seems to cover all the information i installed the addon for in the first place (its alot of text just to say 100%).

thanks again for a wonderful addon, hope ive helped a little.

Post 15 Aug 2011 09:17

User avataroldchap

hailofthechamber wrote:you have done so much in the line of addons to make my life so much better and easier, LOVE YOU

no but seriously cheers, your like the guromin of addons, thanks.
Im trying out the add on atm, seems pretty great but it should be made more into a replacement for your player unit frames. By this i mean that you should make it easier to put your current health value onto the frame and also debuffs/buffs. Another idea that might be useful would be to allow you to make your health colour change according to its percent if you get me?

The only other thing flawing this addon is how hard it is to make the percentage of mana you have seen, i personally like to have the percent on top of the mana bar itself but i cant as it seems to cover all the information i installed the addon for in the first place (its alot of text just to say 100%).

thanks again for a wonderful addon, hope ive helped a little.

Hello, thanks for your support.

I'll include more features to make moke like unitframes with dropdown menu, 3d portrait and such.
Don't you find it's easier enough ? being able to place info wherever you want seems pretty nice to me, about buffs/debuffs that'a whole different story, need to code that from scratch, lot of work ahead.
Last version 1.6.2 should correct any problem with info overlapped by bar if it was that you meant.

Anyway, feel free to add if you have any more ideas.

Post 24 Oct 2011 17:23

User avataroldchap

Updated original post with info for version 1.7

Post 04 Nov 2011 19:26

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw52sz9RKpw
thought you might be interested to see what ive done with the addon, cheers for your work, couldnt have done this fight without it (disregard the rest of my ui, its a clusterduck)

Post 06 Nov 2011 12:43

User avataroldchap

hailofthechamber wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw52sz9RKpw
thought you might be interested to see what ive done with the addon, cheers for your work, couldnt have done this fight without it (disregard the rest of my ui, its a clusterduck)

using it as an unitframe is totally what i expected people to do, thanks. I'm puzzled with that empty space between the alt power bar and mana bar though. You could aswell change the texture of the bar to match your regular unitframe if you wanted to.

Can you export your settings and pm them to me so i can have a look at it ?

Post 08 Nov 2011 22:42

User avataroldchap

hailofthechamber wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uw52sz9RKpw

it's ok, you just had your info panels enabled but without any tags or background, just disable it and there will be no more spaces