Questions about the conservative phase; Arcane

Questions about the conservative phase; Arcane

Post 26 Jul 2011 09:52

When it comes to the conservative phase for Arcane mages im looking for what you might call a rule of thumb. Keeping your mana fairly high and clearing stacks with Missiles is a given but when to clear it? As soon as AM procs, as long as it with 1+ stack, or should i aim to keep above 90% mana? 80%? When trinkets with intellect procs are up should i spam more ABs and then just use every singel AM proc to get my mana back up or should i keep going like normal?

Thanks for your time and, hopfully, answear.

Re: Questions about the conservative phase; Arcane

Post 26 Jul 2011 23:03

User avatarGuromin

Mr. Norris,

I try to keep my mana above 90% during the conservation phase. It's important not to reach 100% mana though so if you know there will be a period of time where you can't attack anything you want to dip your man to 80% so that you don't ever have time your not generating mana. I can't exactly tell you after how many stacks to clear it and use Missles. The better gear you have the more you can spam. Don't think of arcane as a rotation. I almost never count out how many stacks of Arcane Blast I have, instead I watch my mana. When it's lower than I like I use missiles, if it's getting close to 100% or I have overflow, I spam arcane blast more.

The more you play arcane, the more you just learn to instinctivly know what to do and the less you have to stare at your mana bar.

As a rule of thumb, don't go bellow 80% mana during your conservation phase. I don't often break this rule, but if you happen to get lucky with several intellect procs all at the same time don't hesitate to spam a little bit. It's not worth blowing a good chunk of mana for just one proc, but if several line up I would defiantly use a few extra Arcane Blasts.

Quick summery:

• Keep mana around 90%
  • Adjust your rotation to keep your mana there
  • Use some extra Arcane Blasts if your procs line up

-Guromin