need help

need help

Post 12 Jun 2011 22:19

hello
I think my mage is giving little dps for the gear that they have, do not know if it will be for lack of parts of the set does not even know.
I do not know if its the armour or enchants or reforged
I used; SimulationCraft and gave me a certain dps but I can hardly reach
not even know what's going on I tried fire and arcane but without success
what should I use for my gear and the rotation
best regards
and sry my bad english

link for armory : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/b ... e/advanced

Re: need help

Post 13 Jun 2011 16:35

Hello!

Well from looking at your armory, you have two enchants missing- Helm/Shoulders. For your helm you should use the Arcanum of Hyjal (60int 35crit) and for your shoulders your gonna wanna get Exalted with Therazane to pick up Greater Inscription of Charge Lodestone (50int 25haste). You should also replace the enchant on your bracers to the hit enchant untill you are able to reach hit cap with gear alone.

Also you're not hit capped. You want to be at 17% hit (1742 exactly, I think). Start with reforging all of your mastery to hit. After that you'll need to find out which, crit or haste, is the stronger stat for you. After you've found out which is stronger, reforge the second to hit.

I'd also try to replace the two pvp gear you have equiped. The resil is a waste. You can get a wand from ZG and your OH, I'd just buy it with JP till you get the one from Halfus. The JP OH will have some hit on it too.

Post 13 Jun 2011 17:01

yeah now i caped hit , so what should i chose fire or arcane?
and whats the rotation
check any details on mage

regards

Post 13 Jun 2011 19:46

Regarding a spec, I personally chose fire. Mainly because my guild does 10 man raids, so I felt the added aoe from fire would help more than being in an only single target spec. I don't run two pve specs, my os is for pvp. Essentially the spec you choose is based purley on your play style. I find fire to be the most fun to play. Depending on your choice your stat priorities will change.

Fire rotation (from my understanding) - hard cast pyro, LB, FO, FB spam, Pyro!, scorch weaving as needed. Combustion is used at an appropriate time.

Arcane rotation is essentially split into phases. Burn phase and conserve phase. Burn is used during periods where the boss takes more damage or during a lust, etc. and conserve is meant to keep you mana neutral. During burn make sure Evo is up so you can use it right after.

Burn - Pop cds and spam AB till about 35%
Conserve - for my mage I can go with a mix of ABx2 or ABx3 then arcane missles.

Some Help

Post 15 Jun 2011 05:22

User avatarGuromin

Hello tugamage,

I thought I would give you some input and help on your toon. I

SimulationCraft
You had mentioned that the results from it are unreachable. I'm not sure how your testing this, but I'm guessing you ran SimulationCraft and then you went to some dummies to try your dps out. Although this is the right idea, you want to first make sure that you have other buffs turned off. It's already difficult to reach the dps that Simulationcraft calculates you will do, but adding buffs to simulationcraft that you don't have on your self is a guarantee you won't get there. Before running the calculation make sure you have selected appropriate buffs in the buffs window before running the tests. I recommend turning ALL buffs off and then testing your dps on a dummy. If you still can't reach the number or even come close to what simulationcraft has calculated then we know there is an issue with your rotation.

Gear
I could rant on about how to reforge your gear and stat weights but I am going to cut to the chase. This is what you should do to your gear in order to optimize it. http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/eu/bladefist/tugamage#v1-z1
Making these changes should help to optimize your gear and hopefully increase your dps.
A few extra notes about your gear:
Your wand is terrible. Replace it. If you cannot get the Booklight BoE from Blackwing Descent Trash there's still other options. There are 2 wands that drop in ZA/ZG and several blue wands that are better than what you have now.
I agree with everything jarmonid1 said about your pvp items. I'm sure you already know pvp items are bad so work hard to replace them. It's a huge loss to have them and there's 346's better than what you have.
Your using an Alchemy Stone that isn't very good compared to Darkmoon Card: Volcano. The darkmoon card is SO good that you will not replace it until you are able to kill Sinestra and even then it's competition among other heroic trinkets. I guarantee you will see an increase in your dps if you get it.
The comments already made are mostly valid. I do agree that you MUST get those reputations to exalted so that you can enchant your gear. It's worth doing. Those enchants will help you throughout all of Cataclysm and you won't need to farm for a new one.

Hit Cap
This might sound a little odd, but going for the hit cap is NOT your priority. You should ALWAYS go for intellect whenever you can. As you progress into heroic content you will notice that it will become increasingly difficult to reach that cap. As you progress you need to treat hit like any other stat. It has a relative value and it's not as good as intellect. Go for intellect first. Your already close to it and some simple reforging will get you there. If you were to be having a huge issue getting to hit cap at your current gear it would because of the gear your wearing or reforging and not enchants and gems.

Fire VS. Arcane
This is honestly a question I get asked a lot and there's no definite answer as to which one you should pick. I personally play both. I have dual specs and raid with both. Most of the time I reforge for fire (because of it's crit dependency) and switch off depending on the fight. Fire is amazing at AOE (Combustion spreading is OP and just tonight I got 200k dps on a trash pull from using and spreading combustion). Fire is also amazing when you need to move. You can cast Scorch while your moving to help minimize damage lost while you move. Try to use it sparingly, because although it is better than doing nothing it's still a dps loss compared to the damage that Fireball does.
Arcane is great when you don't have to move and there's one target to attack at a time. Arcane has weak AOE and is BEST when there are short portions of a fight where a boss if vulnerable or you gain a short damage increase.

If you want to become a more hard-core raider I recommend playing both, but if you wish to just play casually I would pick fire because it's more universally good. It works well on every fight. There's a few fights where arcane just plain sucks.

Fire rotation is easy.
Use CD's at appropriate times
Keep Living Bomb up
Use Pyroblast! instant procs when they come
Cast Fireball as your main spell
Cast Scorch wile moving

Arcane is a little harder to type and much easier to execute
There's phases when you play arcane. The Burn Phase and The Conserve Phase
When your in the burn phase you have Evocation off CD and 4 Stacks of the Arcane Blast debuff. Then you pop your CD's and mana gem and start spamming arcane blast until your at about 20% mana. Then you Evocate back to full.

During the the Conserve you want to keep your mana steady. You don't want to be at max mana or be low. This is because of your mastery. Keep trying and working on a rotation that keeps you steady. The more gear you get the more time you will be able to spam Arcane Blast and stay at the same amount of mana. I generally try to stay at about 80%-90% mana. This will alow mastery to greatly increase damage without being so high that you cap out on mana. If you get to 100% mana your loosing dps. All that mana that you could have gained is wasted.

There is sooo much more i could add to this, but I have already spent quite a while typing this and it's getting late. If you have any other questions feel free to ask. I will try to answer before I loose my internet in the process of moving across the country.

Thanks,
-Guromin