Help please

Help please

Post 01 Jun 2011 12:11

Hi there.
Armory: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/m ... yak/simple

Can i get some help please. I cant decided what spec to go for raids as MS. Fire or Arcane?

I know arcane goes for Mastery while fire goes for Crit/haste (Ofcourse intellect and hit goes before both though)

Do I need to get 2 sets? 1Arcane and 1Fire or can I combine both specs to 1 set?

As arcane I get about 14k dps and fire 12k on Target Dummy. Does this seem low or is that fine? Can I get advice to improve it please.

Arcane rotation for me is: Arcane blast *4, Arcane Missiles, Arcane Barrage, Macro (Mirror, Mana gem, Herbalism spell, Arcane Power) Arcane blast to about 40-45% mana, Evocation, "Arcane blast *5, Arcane Missiles, Arcane Barrage" Repeated until Evocation is about 20seconds from useable then rinse and repeat.

Fire Rotation: Scorch, Living Bomb > Pyroblast > Flame Orb > Fireball.

I just need advice for single Target dps.

Re: Help please

Post 01 Jun 2011 13:54

That will depend alot on your current raid setup - do you raid 10man or 25man?
If 10man, the chances of having a retpala in the raid, aren't the highest.
3% dmg to all the dps, assuming the dps' does ~20k dps is a pretty good "buff".

I think, a way to improve your dps is to improve your gear, obviously.
I see atleast, 2 trinkets that can be replaced(Tol'barad reputation trinket, i.e.) and ~alchemy trinket would be a cool upgrade.
enchant ur cloak, join a raiding guild. get some 359 purps, join ensidia(unless ur finnish, then go paragon) get 372 and win the whole game for eternal glory..
Your rotation(s) seems fine, should go for 4set bonus, the main spells - arcane blast, firebolt has their cast times decreased by 10% - win.

edit: Im pretty sure that fire mages are supposed to spec 3/3 in [Burning Soul], elitistjerks.com will know!