Haste or Crit?¿

Haste or Crit?¿

Post 18 May 2011 23:03

Hi, i need some help pls ^^, mm after 4.1 patch i have seen a lot of arcane mages... and some of them dont even reach the hit cap... as a fire mage i had as my first priority to be hit capped, mmm and now.... my real problem is.... should i reforge for hit or haste.... i have problems with this and if u can help me ill be very grateful ^^

mmm anothe rquestion too... right now.. in 4.1 ,,, is better to be an arcane mage or fire mage what do you think ^^ ¿?

Re: Haste or Crit?¿

Post 27 May 2011 23:39

User avatarGuromin

Hello!

The current tier of content (in Heroic) provides little gear with hit rating on it. Hit rating is still a very strong stat for mages; just under intellect. You should make it a priority to get as much hit as possible, however there are instances when you get heroic gear that force you to sacrifice hit for more off other stats (including intellect). If you are under hit cap you should reforge every item you have to Hit.

In regards to Haste VS Crit rating; I have personally found that crit provides a better dps outcome. The answer to why is a little more complicated. The data I use is specifically calculated for my character and it could be different for you. In a fight involving no movement haste surpasses crit according to SimulationCraft, however when you integrate movement into the fight the value of crit increases. Scorch is a dps loss to cast and any time you can cast an instant Pyroblast! instead of scorch your damage will increase. Additionally having more crit will increase the likelihood that when Combustion comes off CD you will qucikly get a viable ignite tick. I find this additional crit to be especially helpful when you are in need of a large ignite at the start of a fight.

In regards to Arcane Mages VS Fire Mages it depends on the fight. I am specced for both so I can be ready to switch depending on the fight. I play Arcane for Single Target fights with relatively no movement OR fights where incredible burst makes up for the dps loss that comes from moving. For example I play Arcane on Argaloth and Chimaeron because they have little movement. I also play Arcane on Heroic Nefarian and Magma because both fights have points of increased damage. Fire, on the other hand, is best used in high movement fights and AoE fights such as Halfus, Atramades (depending on your strategy) and Maloriak (on Heroic at least).

-Guromin

Re: Haste or Crit?¿

Post 08 Jun 2011 15:37

Crit > Haste in most cases.