Inconsistant Procs.

Inconsistant Procs.

Post 20 Mar 2011 12:54

Ive tried doing some research on my own..The Answers from some forum threads and guides such as EJ has said things like Ignite Munching,others have said RNG( Havent figured out what this means yet lol sorry) and that Fire Mages scripting is screwed up and lastly ive heard its because in Cata Theyve made Casters Such as Fire Mages so Gear dependent that you wont see consistant damage across the board until your such and such "itlvl"

Reason for me wanting advice is For example..The Halfus fight in BOT..in theory to me is a Mages dream come true...If you down the drakes 300% damage increase ...you can blink and get outta Furious Roar and get extra dps in there..and You Get HUGE DOTS...Im Currently 355 itlvl..But there have been a few encounters including ..plain old heroics to where my mage just wont proc for minutes even half of instances..and Then all the Sudden BOOM 7 instant Pyros..and im like thanks ...that was a trash mob..(Hopefully this is making sense)

Just wondering what could be causing this ...I have CombustionHlper and all that ..raid buffed i have 7k sp 20% haste hit capped around 27% crit around 90k mana w/ flask my mastery is low (like 11 percent cuz from what ive been told even with the patch fire mage mastery buff still doesnt scale close to the other stats)..I went with More Haste because of the lastest patch Haste is suppose to scale higher than crit ..But some mages have told me thats not true until about 360 itlvl which obviously i cant test yet..Ive ran SimCraft and all my gemming and scaling is correct ...so im stratching my head..

end of the Halfus fight I end up around 30k dps...and i dunno if thats about right ?

and Lastly ..Right now Fire to me seems to be ahead of the other 2 specs PVE wise...and ive yet to see an arcane mage in a 10man endgame content ..But how is it that in SimCraft with 372gear Arcane leaves fire behind ? Because as it sits i can beat or at least keep up with the top dps classes yet on the Simcraft Website Fire is like almost damn near the bottom of the rankings ?

I know i ranted ...any help or insight would be grateful ..and you guys are awesome ..