Fire Mage VS Arcane Mage (4.0.6)

Fire Mage VS Arcane Mage (4.0.6)

Post 24 Feb 2011 15:49

Hello...

I play mage for some years now. I was from back at 60s (c'thun down) continued at 70...80...85.
i face a small problem. I love playing Fire spec. due to good mobility during encounters (living bomb , scorch , pyroblast!) . But after 4.0.6 where arcane got it's mana cost decreased , it looks better. Although it doesn't have the mobility like fire.
I came on wow-europe and checked out your mages and i saw main spec arcane and off-spec fire. (i can understand the 1 build be fire cause there are encounters that request serious aoe dmg (Halfus , Cho'gal , Magmaw)

So my question is this. What do you have to do to really put arcane spec in use?
i tryed it last night on Valiona encounter and it went good. But not as good as fire. i wanna try something diffrent from the usual fire spec , even if i love it , and i would really like to hear thoughts on that.
So what is better for a mage ? Fire or Arcane?

(this is me btw ... http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/twilights-hammer/spellmystery/simple )

Re: Fire Mage VS Arcane Mage (4.0.6)

Post 11 May 2011 20:15

Its really simple actually:

Arcane = Low movement, Single target, Little to no adds
Fire = High movement, AoE heavy fights

Now on to the stuff you probably wont like hearing. Taking a look at your armory page I would recommend you change some stuff.

Head - Replace 54 crit 3% crit damage WITH - 54 int 3% crit damage meta
Legs - Replace 40 crit WITH - 20 int 20 crit
Belt - Replace 40 hit WITH - 40 int
Chest - Replace 40 int WITH - 20 int 20 hit (This makes up for half the hit from the belt and you still get 40 int total because of the socket bonus which I have no idea why you decided to not get in the first place)
Gloves - Replace 20 int 20 crit WITH - 40 int

I believe that is all the gemming in your gear as for the other stuff ill give you a bit of advice. Stop reforging your crit and haste into mastery if your playing as fire. Also stop trying to get 10 stat bonus sockets in most cases. You should never choose 20 int 20 crit just to get a 10 haste socket bonus. Maybe I missed some stuff that others can help you on but hopefully this helps out a little bit.