High end mage raiding.

High end mage raiding.

Post 24 Jan 2011 17:07

Hi:
I wanna to ask what are the opinions of paragon mages about the current status of mage raiding, purely about PvE.
Let's just say, warlocks, which plays a similar role in raid as mages.
If you want to pick up either a warlock or mage while building a raid, Here's something I know:
All warlocks have soul link, if they want, they can glyph it and take 25% less damge, which helps a lot in encounts when raid takes a lot of damage. Besides all warlocks have fel armor, and they can drain life. Mages have a long CD iceblock, and a cauterize every minute, mages may feel easier to avoid some damage with blinks, but warlock portals are also helpful. Generally, I feel warlocks are better here.
Warlocks and mages, on meters their dps may be close. Actually atm warlocks are a little higher. Fire mages and affliction warlocks both have very good dps when boss is below 35%. Yet, if the warlock put the dark intention on a...say shadowpriest in the best case...it's another considerable part of raid dps, which is there you just don't see it on the warlock meters. So actually warlocks does significant more dps than mages in general.
For raid buffs..demon warlock have 10% spell damage, desctruction/demon have 5% spell crit, destruction have replenishment. Mages have time wrap, 5% spell crit.
In all, I found mages are not as good as warlocks in performance, mages are only useful in some specific encouts, or to bring some specific raid buffs.
I would like to hear from mages of the top raiding guild, in high end raid, how is the mage overall performance? What is/are the unique advantages for mages, which serve as good reasons to bring mages to optimize a raid?
Thanks for reading.