Fire or Arcane?

Fire or Arcane?

Post 17 Sep 2010 17:08

User avatarCastaneda

Hallo,

I recently heard that Fire spec is more efficient right now for a mage and a lot of ppl changed from Arcane to Fire.
So,what's your opinion on this issue cause it really put me in a lot of thoughts.

Stay true to the dreams of your youth!!!

Re: Fire or Arcane?

Post 30 Sep 2010 14:41

As far as I understand it Fire only starts to pull away from Arcane in terms of damage when you get into full 264 gear or higher.

Post 24 Oct 2010 18:10

well i tryed Arcane and test it out did some massive damage then i tryed fire didnt
do as much as Arcane so ther you go Arcane is the way to go still :)

Post 24 Oct 2010 22:20

User avatarCastaneda

That's what I believe too.

Thanks for the replies!

Stay true to the dreams of your youth!!!

Post 22 Dec 2010 15:58

Using arcane spec in heroic dungeons is better than fire. In raid, where you must keep up dps long I think fire is better because of better mana management through mana-free Scorch and Master of Elements -talent (used also in arcane spec). This is just my opinion. And after all, I think that fire is more fun to play! :)

Post 21 Jan 2011 10:10

Dbn wrote:Using arcane spec in heroic dungeons is better than fire. In raid, where you must keep up dps long I think fire is better because of better mana management through mana-free Scorch and Master of Elements -talent (used also in arcane spec). This is just my opinion. And after all, I think that fire is more fun to play! :)

Yes, arcane isnt as sustainable over long encounters (especially not when AoE is involved).

Atm I prefer fire for AoE encounters and frost for pure single target.