Shaman discussion

Shaman discussion

Post 21 Feb 2010 23:13

Welcome to the Shaman thread!

Feel free to ask questions related to Shamans in this thread. Please do use the search function and see if the question has already been asked first, though. For best results posting WoL/WMO/WWS link will also help.

What are your thoughs about Elemental Shaman DPS?

Post 21 Feb 2010 23:13

Yo Paragon.

I was just wondering what thoughts you guys have about elemental shamans and their dps in wotlk? because i have played elemental shaman since ulduar got released and by far i have always been one of the lowest dps if not on bosses like Gunship battle (good position and just pew pew riflemen turn around to dps melee, unlike jumpers and mage killer people) which im usually on top with my low dps.

In bosses like festergut and rotface im always at the same positions which is if not lowest then atleast very low on meters.

I dont know what im doing wrong, rotation is what is preferred everywhere and my stats are nearly if not equal with shamans in high end guilds. (last time checked when ICC was released)

Do you have any elemental shaman dps in your 25 man raids?
Do you think elemental is a broken spec? (me and my friend has come into this conclusion)

Thanks in advance.

Suomi voittohon!

Enhance question for Rihmz

Post 22 Feb 2010 01:36

Hello, i saw on your armury that you have the fire nova glyph on your 2 spec, so do you always raid with this glyph or switch with WF glyph on mono dps boss? I was raiding always before with Fire nova glyph even on boss like saurfang / festergut and I recently changed with WF and felt an increase of my dps but maybe i'm wrong.
Could you help me? Sorry if my english is not as good as it must be.

Re: What are your thoughs about Elemental Shaman DPS?

Post 22 Feb 2010 08:08

User avatarLazei

You can either bring:

Demo lock - best spellpower buff
Moonkin - 5% spell crit aura, 3% hit, innervate and combat res (we LOVE combat resses), 3% extra avoidance for tanks
Resto shaman - 5% spell haste

OR

Ele shaman - worse spellpower, 5% spell crit aura, 3% aoe offensive crit (muti rogue also brings this), 5% spell haste
Shadow priest - 3% hit (and extra reple if needed)

Overall in our opinion the moonkin setup wins so there is no spot for an ele shaman in our raids. Ele shaman can do decent dps if ToW isn't needed. But they lose too much dps when buffing with ToW because the fire dps totems aren't available.

Post 22 Feb 2010 12:07

so your saying elemental shaman sucks compared to others?

for kahva

Post 22 Feb 2010 12:10

hei, just saw your armory and noticed that you switched back to t9 hands. so the question is, isnt 4set t10 practical enough or there are other reasons?

Post 22 Feb 2010 12:29

User avatarLazei

If you absolutely want to min/max your raid then yeah, ele shamans are pretty bad.

Do you absolutely need to min/max your raid? Is the ele shaman much better player than the rest? There might be a spot for him afterall. Its not always just about what the class/spec can do. Its also about the player too to atleast some degree..

Post 22 Feb 2010 17:52

well yeah, im pretty much thinking that im only kept in the guild and accepted to progress raids because i dont die from stupid things. :P

Thanks tho! ^^

Re: Enhance question for Rihmz

Post 23 Feb 2010 11:25

User avatarJatimatic

Yeah I use fire nova glyph on fights where is multiple targets

Post 23 Feb 2010 15:19

hmz, I dont totally agree that ele shamans are bad. And I think the buffs are very nice compared too other classes, especially in 10 man, Spellpower buff, mana or healing totem, spellhaste, and because i prefer druids/priests instead of shaman as healer i think that an elemental is a very good option too get great buffs and a decent dps(and ofcourse heroism/blood lust) In 10 man i do like 8-9 k dps and in 25 man 9-10 k dps, depends on fight ofc.

I've felt that my dps in icecrown gear has increased my dps alot. And now when they're gonna buff us even more I think that elemental shaman will be a very decent hybrid class for any sort of raid.

It's all about playing your class right.
And I wouldnt reroll another class for anything in the world.