Shaman discussion

Re: Shaman discussion

Post 29 Mar 2010 14:24

User avatarJatimatic

Varrao wrote:so, Rihmz got replaced for a frost DK like the rest of the enh shamans?

Seriously, just want to know what your thoughts are of 3.3.3 and if enh shamans are still worth a melee spot.

Yeah patch 3.3.3 totally screwed enhashamans over. Enha has always been inferior to other melee classes in many ways, if every one in raid has the same skill and gear level. Enha has been nice class to have in raids cause it alone brings so many raidbuff's, but now you can get all of them from other classes, who can play with their maxdps spec, so far enha has been the best class to bring 20% meleehaste but those days are over.

Now with buffed frost dk's I really can't find any reason why you should bring enha to 25raids, _unless_ you don't have any other shamans to bring bloodlust/heroism.

Must say this frost dk buff was such a punch to the groin that my enhashaman days might be over.

Post 03 Apr 2010 21:11

To Rihmz:

Well, I totally agree, this recent change has sucked..

But I was wondering, im enhanc with over 5.8 GS, but still suck with dps, im stuck at 6k dps minimum and usually not over 9k on single targets, and this actually sucks.

I've been wondering if enhanc shaman's are more of raid dps maximizers then top dps's themselves..

Post 03 Apr 2010 23:50

User avatarJatimatic

tyni wrote:To Rihmz:

I've been wondering if enhanc shaman's are more of raid dps maximizers then top dps's themselves..

Yeah they have been that a long time. As far as I have played enhashaman they never have been the class that topped the dps meters. Only reason to bring enhashamans to raid was their raidbuffs. But now you can get _ALL_ the raidbuffs that enhashamans bring from other classes that doesn't lose almost any dps to do that. So if you can choose what classes you should bring to raids, enhashaman should't be one of them. You need 1 shaman to bring bloodlust/heroism that's it.

Post 09 Apr 2010 23:31

Since we're still on Enhancement shamans topic - I tried to reach you on irc - Rihmz, why are you over 60 hit rating over so called soft hit cap (368 rating, 14% spell hit)? You're not aiming for spell 17%, but is 2% extra melee hit worth it (it's gonna be still around 9% under the hard cap)?

Regards,
Capi.

Post 10 Apr 2010 11:50

It's because of the so called "Crit Cap"...

Post 13 Apr 2010 22:22

So Ensidia had Elemental Shaman in LK25hc Kill ...
Yes they killed LK 2weeks after u guys but still , it shows that there is spot for good Ele shaman in raid : )

/discuss

Post 15 Apr 2010 14:56

So i was wondering a bit about sockets, i checked Rihmz's armory and saw that you use some 20 ap 10 haste sockets to get the socket bonus, while you dont on some items.
when is it worth going for the socket bonus and when is it not?

i usually just go for 20 haste after the expertise cap.

Post 15 Apr 2010 18:11

He takes Expertise until he is capped and then takes 2 orange gems for +12 AP and +16AP, all the other sockets where he doesn't take the bonus are blue

Post 21 Apr 2010 19:11

Hi everyone.
I admire this guild.
I would like send few question to enh shaman from paragon.
http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &cn=Dakero
this is my gear. what i need to change to do more dps than 9.2k+?
On saurfang 25 (normal ofc :P) at 80% i have 10.5-11k dps, but when he die i have 9k-9.4k.
And i have one more question. Do any enh shaman show me self UI. not send, but show.

P.S. sory for my english.

Post 22 Apr 2010 21:35

Hello!
Was reading around and did a lot of research, and I was curious if it is at all possible to have TOO much melee haste? Right now with my gear, gems, and enchants I have 846 (33.54%). When I have everything procced, I have my WF totem down etc, I get to like 0.95 Weapon Speed. I was wondering if that would throw off my WF procs, and if I should go for more AP? Or... I don't know.

I have been quite content with my dps, (broke 12k on Saurfang) and usually pull around 10k average.
http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... &cn=Litori

That's my Armory link, if you want it. (Hopefully I'll remember to log out in PVE gear >.>)

Anyways, thanks for your time.
Litori<3

[The class I play] is imbalanced and broken, [The class that counters my class] should be nerfed because it's too OP, but [The class I counter] is fine and just needs to L2P.