Question to kahva, grid question!

Question to kahva, grid question!

Post 02 Sep 2012 05:05

There is something im going crazy about ive been sitting for literally HOURS now trying to figure this out. I've been trying to configure grid now to see if I can heal with it (thinking about changing healing addon) so! The thing ive wanted to ask and been going crazy about is something kahva did to his grid, I cant figure it out how he did it but.... It's about the grid Icons/hots if u see in his videos where he is healing there is like a cooldown displaying within his buffs/hots on the raid. Like riptide,earthliving,ancestral vigor e.t.c you can see the riptide buff and inside the icon there is like a cooldown/countdown like 18,17,16,15 untill you refresh it again! However I downloaded just about any grid icon/hot module there is, and been trying to configure it out to make it work but i just cant find anything that makes this work! I can make it work on the Center icon in "frames" for cooldowns then it displays the cooldown/countdown the way I want it. In the center of that icon/buff/hot you just casted, but not on the other icons! Can someone PLEASE tell me how to make this work cause im going crazy about it, noone else seems to be able to do this except kahva :<!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CpBYiJzt2AI <---- there is a video showing him healing, take the HD resolution and look in the grid and look on the earthliving buffs on the raids and u see the cooldown like in the middle of the earhtliving icon counting down on the riptide and ancestral fortitude as well. Thats what im trying to figure out how to do, or make it look that way.

Re: Question to kahva, grid question!

Post 02 Sep 2012 14:18

I think you need OmniCC for that. Just lower the minimal icon size for it to display the countdown. Also make sure you have grid track the duration as well.

Post 02 Sep 2012 18:16

Hmm im not sure thats it, it might be but, im able to get the cooldown showing on the center icon like that but not on the rest of the icons for some reason, dunno if u hafto modify something in the gridframe.lua maybe? Mystery still stands!

Post 02 Sep 2012 18:18

But lets say it is omnicc that he uses for it, how you make it align with grid icons? Like oh you cast riptide on target X will omnicc display the duration/countdown in grid on the icons?

Post 03 Sep 2012 02:15

Nyoken wrote:Hmm im not sure thats it, it might be but, im able to get the cooldown showing on the center icon like that but not on the rest of the icons for some reason, dunno if u hafto modify something in the gridframe.lua maybe? Mystery still stands!

Its probably because the center icon is larger than other icons. Try lowering the threshold on the icon size in OmniCC.

Post 03 Sep 2012 06:18

Hmms ok will hafto try that!