Need Enhance help please.

Need Enhance help please.

Post 18 Aug 2011 20:33

So, one of the raiders in our 10 man group is an Enhance shaman, and he is consistently pulling low numbers, and plays at about the 20th percentile range for his spec. Obviously this is unacceptable. I haven't played Enhance for awhile, but just looking at his gem, enchant, and reforging choices, it looks like he is making some poor choices.

His armory:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/greymane/Draenchu/advanced

Tuesdays raid where we went 6/7N and killed Occ.
http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-dl2zwgkn6i12exz1/

Epeensbot:
http://raidbots.com/epeenbot/us/greymane/Draenchu/

Thanks for any input you can give.

He is fixing things right now actually. So the armory will be different.
Last edited by Revmaynard on 21 Aug 2011 06:58, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Need Enhance help please.

Post 18 Aug 2011 22:04

He need spell hit cap of 17% i beleave

Post 20 Aug 2011 09:43

I'm no super-enhancement shaman by far, but I will offer my advice nonetheless =)

Gemming: Don't go for socket bonuses unless the outcome is more agility then from pure agility gems. The other stats come in abundance through reforging, so agility is the #1 priority when gemming.

Mastery: this is the best secondary stat by far! The #1 priority should be to have this on every piece of gear (not including trinkets and weapons, different mechanics apply here)

Haste: this is the least valuable stat for us. As opposed to other classes, we do not scale well at all with haste. The only thing it affects is our white damage. We get no lowered cooldowns, and we have no spammable abilities that would benefit from increased resource regen.

Crit: the second most awful stat. More useful then haste in that it affects all our abilities.

Hit: should be stacked to 17% and no more. This ensures that our special attacks will always hit, and after that we can stack stats that affect those attacks.

Expertise: the dodgecap is 26/26, get it.

Rotation and spells: hard to read his exact rotation from the logs, but some things do stand out.
20,5% uptime on flame shock is awful!! This should be as close to 100% as possible.

I would recommend this spell prio:

#1 Searing totem (place, refresh)
#2 Stormstrike
#3 Lava Lash
#4 Unleash Elements
#5 Lightning Bolt (@ 5 stacks maelstrom weapon)
#6 Flame Shock (place, refresh)
#7 Earth Shock
#8 Use spirit wolves when your heart desires, or in burn phases.

Glyphs: Stormstrike and Feral Spirit are not that good glyphs. Rather go for Windfury and Flame Shock for more passive damage and better cooldown management.

Post 20 Aug 2011 15:58

If he is pushing very low numbers, it's primarily a skill issue, improving gemming and stuff will help, but the key to DPS is to being able to maintain a proper rotation almost 100% of the fight, and of course, never stop casting.

L2P issue imo.

Post 20 Aug 2011 21:00

Thanks all for the input. I've talked to him and so far he has been pretty receptive for suggestions. We'll see how he improves next raid.

Post 20 Aug 2011 23:39

gearing i didnt see anything huge that would deter his numbers. i wouldnt have taken the socket bonus for his head slot since haste is so weak and there's a little more optimizing reforging wise that he could do but other than that nothing.

http://www..com/talent#hhr0hZffG0s0hRGo:Rkaor would be a better spec/glyph set up, the 4 blank glyphs would be personally preference or need.

as for rotation i disagree that SS is better than LL or even LB. because of its CD and debuff duration you should never have the SS debuff drop so there's no reason to have it higher in priority when it does less dmg.

#1. Searing totem, keep it up
#2. LL
#3. LB with 5x stack
#4. SS
#5. unleash elements
#6. Flameshock if unleash flame is up
#7. Earthshock
#8. Renew searing totem

i don't have cds in my rotation because their cds, how you use em is up to your discretion. i use them on cd unless they wont get the full potential(Atramedes phase etc)or if there's a Magmaw exposed head-esc phase such as Alysrazor where i can just unleash on a boss with a % dmg taken debuf