Dps/resistance

Dps/resistance

Post 13 Jul 2011 04:32

Hi guys how's it going?

Got a question here and really didn't know where else to post it up. I play an enhance shaman currently and while you guys are not featuring one to my knowledge, my guild still has me for now. However they are becoming more exasperated as am I with the 4.2 firelands encounters. The issue is while in Bot/Bwd i was doing between 15-22k dps boss dependent. Now not all-star numbers it was good enough for regulars to get the bosses down. However since moving to Firelands, while on shannox my dps has dropped to a steady 14-15k and we are currently working on Beth'liac. This is where my issues are on Beth'Liac i can't keep above a 10k dps mark. Also our Destro lock is having the same issue so if you have advice for them as well it would be appreciated. I don't know if it's a resistance thing or what but wee can't seem to generate the numbers on that boss. Any advice would be helpful. Below i have posted my armory. never know maybe it's just my set up.

Thanks

Traztana of the Exiled on Thunderhorn

Re: Dps/resistance

Post 13 Jul 2011 06:19

First off, I wouldn't take Beth'Tilac DPS for granted, or w/e.
Hopefully you use melee upstairs dps'ing her, with ranged down dealing with spiders?

If your raid composition has alot of melee in it, your screwed.
The spiders have a nasty rotation.
Kill the small/medium spiders before they get to feed the big spider(can't remember the name)
(hence why ranged has priority on the spots downstairs, while it's pretty much tank and spank upstairs.

Reset your damage meters after the 3rd smoldering destruction, and then you can measure e-peens.

Post 13 Jul 2011 07:37

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/t ... ana/simple

Guess posting my link would help. So fail.....

Post 13 Jul 2011 07:46

we unfortunately do run melee heavy. As such we send the melee up on the first set then slowly peel off a melee each round to stay down to help with the Drones. Doing this does slow the dps on her but keeps us from being overrun. Our raid comp from Tuesday was :

Druid Tank top side
Pally Tank
Druid heals
x2 Pally heals 1 top side

as far as dps goes we ran :
1 lock destro
1 shammy enhance
1 frost dk
1 Hunter MM
1 fury warrior.

our top dps was the warrior pulling 19 on average. so i am not sure if it's a spell resist she has going or what. we have a altered strat from normal only due to the our raid design. I am thinking of going OS ele to assist but if the is a high resist to spell fire/nature not sure if that would be any better or not. Thanks for taking the time to assist me. This is driving me to eat ice cream far too much in the past few days.

Post 14 Jul 2011 01:57

I am actually really surprised your saying this, Your dps out is incredibly the opposite to my experience, where I was in the lower numbers during Beginning raids. Since Firelands I have actually managed to keep in the top 8 every fight, from Shannox to Staghelm. Shannox around 21k dps. and Staghelm normal 26k on kill. I would like to know how your rotation has came out.

And for your fellow destro lock, force him afflock! No one likes a mage copycat :)! We all prefer Spriest copycats!

Also, could all be down to gear! Tried checking your armoury, but it was in elemental spec/gear.
Different specs of all classes seem to be poor at low ilvl but happily sprout into very impressive numbers once your higher geared. I think this is with enhancement. Much like arcane, hence with the one button mashing, awful at lower levels SO freaking sexy with 372/378 gear. So once geared, and keep to your rotation. You'll find your dps once more ;)! (And what type of fight it is, again back to mage. Alysrazor fight - Arcane still very viable. but with when with 3 feathers and 25 stacks Fire bursts ahead no question.. WoL shows this.)

If this helped I am glad.

Post 14 Jul 2011 06:36

Yeah had to run in elemental spec to assist on a run where they were short ranged. I got that fixed now and back in my enhance gear. We are a slower progressing guild and have decided to not pursue heroics modes of Bot/Bwd and instead are pursuing 4.2 firelands contnt. So my gear as you can see is all regular runs. as for the rotation and such i run it as such:

opening run
drop totems
Lava lash
unleash Ele with wind/flame
flame shock
Stormstrike

From there it's MSW 5 stack of Lb
alternate Flame shock with Earth
LL on cd again
UE on cd with a flame to follow
spirit wolves on cd
Shaman rage with racial macro-ed on cd as well
Using Enhancesim it provided my highest dps with my current gear.

However until i can provide a more substantial dps or a valid reason for lower dps i have been asked to change to my Shadow Priest.

Again i appreciate the assistance received and with some good grace i can return to the raid with pride.

Post 14 Jul 2011 13:07

Your Gear actually quite fine, I'm wondering how your dps output is rather low,

Your rotation, not the greatest but best to go. Rotation is more of a priority list rather than a set rotation, I open up with Stormstrike so I immdiately get an increase to spell damage, followed by Unleash elements for the increase in haste, then a flame shock, followed by a lava lash and if I have a maelstorm proc lightning bolt or chain lightning depending on the amount of mobs. After this opening my rotation is Lava Lash off cd with 5 stacks of searing totem, Flame shock to reset the dot, stormstrike, Unleash elements, Lightning Bolt and earth shock if flame shock does not need to be re-applied.

I hope this helps really, because enhancement is a great spec and I hope your get the best out of it.