4.2 enhancement shaman caster.

4.2 enhancement shaman caster.

Post 08 Jul 2011 22:54

Hey, I was just looking Simcraft since 4.2 has came out... as you do and I am pretty fond of the enhancement spec and very glad to see it being on top as dps (T12 hc) in the data, beating the hunters, mages and warlocks. But I see in the name > _caster 4.2<
... so I looked even more closely and seeing the normal spec. but seeing Lava burst put into this Simulation rotation, and seeing top results. Obviously this is full 384/391 gear whatever. But really actually putting in Lava Burst in the rotation would help? Obviously numbers don't lie. Seeing as Lava Burst having a 2 sec (at slowest) cast time and us fellow enhancement shamans don't stack this all useless stat nowadays due to it being overall pish for us due maelstrom and what not. Putting it in baffles me what with so many spells/melee swings that could be in instead. I dunno, maybe at a point where maelstrom is at 1 stack and everything else is on CD then sure all by means necessary.

But looking at the pie chart, sorry I am baffling on. melee dmg. seems to be fifth position which I find surprising where it usually comes alot higher. I am guessing that this means that Lava Burst (((AT THIS GEAR ILVL...maybe a bit lower))) seems a lot more use than melee attacks?

If this made any sense, I am glad. but really as I am gearing up in Firelands I just want to make sure what I can use to fufill my dps role. And I ask, should at my current ilvl 359/372/378 gear in enhancement spec put Lava Burst in my rotation.

This may be a no brainer for some and I could possibly get trolled but I would love to know.

Many Thanks.

Re: 4.2 enhancement shaman caster.

Post 09 Jul 2011 01:58

Blackiee wrote:Obviously numbers don't lie.

Well, those numbers DO lie. The Simulationcraft isn't correct. There's many mistakes within the simulation/rotation such as Fire Ele not being used (or always being used don't remember) and other few things. 2-3 Enhance theorycrafters commented on that and showed how broken the simulation was. I can't give more details but there are threads on the official us forums where it's explained in details.

At the end the real simulation gives us 1.5-1k less DPS, which obviously, isn't at the top of the charts anymore.

Post 09 Jul 2011 07:43

Well that puts my mind at rest then. Should've check those forums first!
But it didn't answer my question, should I be using this spell at my lower gear ilvl?

Regards.

Post 09 Jul 2011 12:15

If you look even more closely to the Simulationcraft profile, you can see that the main hand weapon is in fact a caster weapon: http://www.wowhead.com/item=71777 . The basic idea is that you trade in a LOT of main hand dps for a huge chunk of spell power.

Consequences are that spells are becoming stronger - lava burst starts becoming worth using, and melee swings are becoming weaker. This, plus the fact that you would be casting a for a significant amount of time (which turns off your auto-attack), causes your melee swings to be quite low on the damage list.

This also doesn't answer your question, and I cannot provide numbers for lower gear levels, but it gives an idea about the motivation behind the enh_caster profile.

Simply put, you would need a caster main hand with relatively slow swing time (such as the caster axe mentioned above). But as Blizzard has announced (quite some time ago already) that they want to make sure enh doesn't use caster weapons, we can expect some kind of correction in this direction.

Post 09 Jul 2011 18:11

Okay, that explains a lot, sorry I did not see the caster weapon.

But it all makes sense now! Well now I am going to try this out, Thanks again!