Multi Dotting

Multi Dotting

Post 07 Apr 2013 03:03

I got a question regarding this, if in a fight with 3-4 bosses and you need to keep your dots rolling on them, how you can track all your dots if you arent using an addon like fortexorcist to do this?

I've saw many warlocks using just an simple addon like classtimer to track one target for example.

Re: Multi Dotting

Post 08 Apr 2013 07:06

I'm personally not using any addon to track dots on multiple targets, after playing a warlock for more than 6 years you can pretty much just guess/feel when the timing is right for a refresh. I have to admit that it's not completely optimized playstyle and it's probably not working for someone who hasn't spent 10000 hours playing a warlock but on the other hand there really aren't fights where you actually need to track your dots on 3 - 4 targets (there are several multi dot situations but in most cases the targets are dead before you need to refresh). Even on Council, which is pretty perfect example of the situation you described, you have targets with higher and lower priority, meaning that you should probably focus on single target dps more than keeping perfect uptime on all 4 targets.

To make it short, for 2 targets I have target frame and focus frame, anything more than that I just play with my gut feeling. I don't find it very practical to follow 4 different timer sets while actually executing the encounter but of course there are people who might feel differently :)

Re: Multi Dotting

Post 30 Apr 2013 09:47

Use your boss frame / focus frame