Warlock discussion

Warlock discussion

Post 21 Feb 2010 17:52

Welcome to the Warlock thread!

Feel free to ask questions related to Warlocks in this thread. Please do use the search function and see if the question has already been asked first, though. When asking for dps help, please post link to your armory profile - for best results posting WoL/WMO/WWS link will also help.

Diivil build 0/38/33

Post 21 Feb 2010 17:52

Hi there.

Girst of all gz with your progression, and i like to ask Diivil about his build - 0/38/33 -is it encounter-specific (like Tanking Prince on HM or mb ) or PVP build ? :)

tnx for answer

Re: Diivil build 0/38/33

Post 21 Feb 2010 22:39

Prince tanking, not even needed considering how easy the whole encounter is even on hard mode.

moi

Post 22 Feb 2010 02:16

Hello there,im playing warlock as my main and im demonology spec in raids. There is few questions i would like to ask regarding the spirit for demonology warlocks. Iv'e read quite alot concerning this and i got difrent awnsers so im not quite sure how i should gear my charachter towards taking items with spirit or just go for items with pure spell power or some kinda combination of this * i suppose combination* ? How much spell power we get from 10 spirit ? We convert 30% of spirit via fel amor + 20% we get from glyph of life tap,thats 50% of our total spirit converted into spell power. So it would mean that for like 10 spirit we get 5 spell power? or im missing somthing here?

I also noticed that Diivil socketed in his gloves 12 sp and 10 spirit and therefore got 5 sp bonus. Thats total 17 sp and 10 spirit and if we convert spirit that is left(via fel amor and glyph of life tap) we get additional 5 spell power in the end you end up with 22sp,isnt it better than to just socket 23sp gem since you get 1 more spell power ?Or again im mistaken here? Is spirit scaling in raids with other buffs like kings 10% very good that its worth taking it ?

I would very much appriciate any info you can give me concerning this. And im verry sorry about my english and misstypes. Thank you in advance.

Re: Warlocks question for Diivil

Post 22 Feb 2010 05:40

1 spirit is worth 1.1 spirit (kings).
1.1 * 0.2 = 0.22 sp from glyph of life tap
1.1 * (1.30*.30) = 0.429 sp from fel armor.
1 spirit = .649 sp

10*.649 + 5 + 12 = 23.49 sp from the gem in gloves and spirit boosts life tap so it's clearly better.

Warlock issues

Post 24 Feb 2010 21:18

Hi i am an affliction warlock and i want to ask few questions about it

First as affliction is it better to use NMI vs Reign(normal) if so why ?

Second is it true that on some of the icc encounters demo is better than aff if that so why ?

Thats it for now also i really like to hear about affliction warlock raiding tips if any of you wants to share :)

Thank you.

Question to Diivil

Post 03 Mar 2010 10:19

I have about your own haste myself and I have always thought you should use firestone since it increase your dmg from direct spells wich is alot as demo, But lately ive heard you should use Spellstone for the 200haste+

Wondering if you are using Spellstone or Firestone?

**EDIT im sorry totaly missed your post in your Demo guide post.

moi1

Post 05 Mar 2010 22:53

Diivil wrote:...
1.1 * 0.2 = 0.22 sp from glyph of life tap
and spirit boosts life tap so it's clearly better.

1. You are assuming 100% uptime on glyph of life tap during demonic pact procs which is not always feasible. (i.e. Heroic Sindragosa)

2. The upcoming patch 3.3.3 may change life tap scaling to spell power like its current counterpart, dark pact.

Also, i'm not 100% certain but decimal stats (.49 spell power) may be rounded down, resulting in a 23.49 -> 23 conversion.

Re: Warlocks question for Diivil

Post 05 Mar 2010 23:13

magikmike wrote:
1. You are assuming 100% uptime on glyph of life tap during demonic pact procs which is not always feasible. (i.e. Heroic Sindragosa)

Unchained magic lasts 30 seconds and there's always time to cast stuff in between the debuffs. Glyph uptime is 100% even if you get every single unchained. I can't think of any occasion where the glyph wouldn't be on all the time.

magikmike wrote:
2. The upcoming patch 3.3.3 may change life tap scaling to spell power like its current counterpart, dark pact.

Also, i'm not 100% certain but decimal stats (.49 spell power) may be rounded down, resulting in a 23.49 -> 23 conversion.

Good thing is that it isn't 3.3.3 yet. Even if it's only 23 sp, currently it's still a better choice.

moi22

Post 06 Mar 2010 01:44

Diivil wrote:
magikmike wrote:

Unchained magic lasts 30 seconds and there's always time to cast stuff in between the debuffs. Glyph uptime is 100% even if you get every single unchained. I can't think of any occasion where the glyph wouldn't be on all the time.

Touché. While I agree with you theoretically, when the rubber meets the road things don't always occur as intended, especially on early progression content when you are just discovering and learning the mechanics of a new encounter. The only real benefit of running 13 spell + 10 spirit right now is the scaling benefit of life tap (and maybe an extra .49 spell). I can think of at least one encounter where that scaling benefit would be a nullity - General Vezax Hardmode. So, while ICC is all but finished, I can easily imagine Blizzard recycling a Vezax type mechanic or even implementing a new mechanic that silences or otherwise incapacitates one or more raid members for a period of time longer then 40 seconds.
ps- Good luck on on Heroic 25LK.