Warlock discussion

Re: Warlock discussion

Post 18 Mar 2010 14:14

I've got three questsions. First is regarding this movie ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tdWyGncpLsY ). The addon next to the chat is lunar sphere, right? What is it showing on the bars? And what version are you using? Because I'm using 1.07 and it's not displaying amount of soul shards at all.

The other one is about specs. As seen on video, that warlock is using destro spec afaik. Also, I've looked abit around WoL and what I saw, was that both affli and destro locks were above demo in terms of dps. Now, I've looked up into specs of warlocks in Paragon, and all of them were using demo build, with 2nd spec affli/destro.

Lastly, what's the priority of stats on warlock?

Post 18 Mar 2010 22:03

Hello, I just wanted to ask something about Demon warlock playstile.
I mean, when you're in a fight with many adds like valithria or the lich king, should i just spam SB on the adds or use corruption and immo too? (adds that last between 30s and 1m)
Thanks

Post 18 Mar 2010 23:19

hey there curious if i have gemmed correctly or not when i changed to T10 chest, gloves from T9 chest, gloves it feelt as if my dps got lower not sure why

curious if im gemmed correctly etc

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... &cn=Spazem
with current gear in destro specc i push out 6-7k on rotface 7-8 on festergut in 10man not sure how the affliction is yet since i recently regemmed for about 300more haste rate so should i keep going destro or go affliction for maximum preformance with my gear

any hints you could give would be appriciated

Post 25 Mar 2010 16:23

@ Diivil

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Ishkafel

long time follower
long time Demo Player

i was just chasing an opinion on trinkets post 3.3.3

Ive been lucky enough to have DLFO, PotNL & RoD and im wondering if since the DP change, which seems to make large sp proc trinkets quite attractive, whether i should maybe drop the constant SP of RoD for the potentially massive DP's of DLFO and Phylactery?

Your thoughts?

Thanks in advance
Ish

Post 28 Mar 2010 08:49

iShKafel wrote:@ Diivil

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-shee ... n=Ishkafel

long time follower
long time Demo Player

i was just chasing an opinion on trinkets post 3.3.3

Ive been lucky enough to have DLFO, PotNL & RoD and im wondering if since the DP change, which seems to make large sp proc trinkets quite attractive, whether i should maybe drop the constant SP of RoD for the potentially massive DP's of DLFO and Phylactery?

Your thoughts?

Thanks in advance
Ish

Phylactery might be a viable option because it gives so much SP for 20 seconds. I'm not sure if I'd take DFO though from a raid DPS perspective because you can't expect to get DP proc when that trinket is it's highest SP amount. Remember that you can't take your pet away for long or the DPS loss from it not hitting will start to eat away any potential DPS gain from a higher DP effect.

Also worth noting is that phylactery seems to proc from hellfire (according to wowhead comments). Everyone can decide if it's a bad thing or not, but you are probably going to use muradin's as your second trinket and you will want to have it fully stacked before combat, that way you can get phylactery too but at the same time you are going to lose time from the proc..

Post 28 Mar 2010 14:40

Diivil wrote:Phylactery might be a viable option because it gives so much SP for 20 seconds. I'm not sure if I'd take DFO though from a raid DPS perspective because you can't expect to get DP proc when that trinket is it's highest SP amount. Remember that you can't take your pet away for long or the DPS loss from it not hitting will start to eat away any potential DPS gain from a higher DP effect.

Also worth noting is that phylactery seems to proc from hellfire (according to wowhead comments). Everyone can decide if it's a bad thing or not, but you are probably going to use muradin's as your second trinket and you will want to have it fully stacked before combat, that way you can get phylactery too but at the same time you are going to lose time from the proc..

Yeah i thought as much - its a bit too rng relying on the DP cd to align with a max stack of DLFO. Phylactery i am finding much more reliable.

Still on the topic of trinket combo's i have another question if you dont mind. I probably should have noted in my O.P that my RoD is normal. Would normal RoD + H Muradins still be greater than say H Muradins + Phylactery? From an RDPS pov.

Thanks for your reply and congrats on your shiny new weapon

Post 28 Mar 2010 15:45

iShKafel wrote:Still on the topic of trinket combo's i have another question if you dont mind. I probably should have noted in my O.P that my RoD is normal. Would normal RoD + H Muradins still be greater than say H Muradins + Phylactery? From an RDPS pov.

I did simplifly this math a lot but Phylactery + Muradin's should be the best choice for both rDPS and pDPS.

For personal DPS 277 Phylactery + 264 Muradin's are 146 DPS better than 258 Reign + 264 Muradin's (with my own gear).

Every 100 seconds Phylactery will provide 120 extra SP for 20 seconds to DP. Avarage for 100 seconds duration being 24 sp, obviously more than Reign gives.

Now there are many factors here with this trinket combination.. It would be quite awkward to use if Phylactery procs from hellfire because you still want to stack Muradin's before the pull. You might lose some personal DPS but at least the first DP would still get the bonus. Other things being Phylactery proccing at the wrong times (when you don't need DPS), fight length etc etc. Still, I'd go with Phylactery over Reign.

Post 28 Mar 2010 18:02

This question is in regards to the deep destruction build.

First off, I see a lot of warlocks picking up Demonic Embrace over Imp. HS, I took imp HS because I feel it helps the raid survive more easily. Im aware Demonic Embrace gives you more survival, but especially with Soul Link i have never had an issue suriviving; Am I wrong to take Imp. HS over Demonic Embrace?

Also, I see a lot of warlock guides suggest all sorts of things to spend your few extra talents in, but none of them suggest Unholy Power.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-tale ... 4r&group=1

This is my warlocks armory, hes an alt, try and ignore my minor glyphs and boatloads of hit, just jumping back on him. (I was using the healer trinket because it replaced Cannoneers Fuselighter and its pretty sweet on short 5 man bosses)

It seems to me Unholy Power would be the best option for optimal DPS, 12% imp damage. Anyone able to enlighten me why I see nobody with this spec?

I was told that Unholy Power is better at lower gear because it brings your imps damage up to that of someone in greater gear, and that ISL allows you to cast nearly non-stop, to that I ask:

So basically when I obtain better gear I should go with ISL?

What I still fail to understand is that if your imp is consitant with your gear, and having bad gear makes your imp do as much damage as someone really geared, than wouldnt the benefit only get greater the better gear (and harder your imp hits) you obtain?

Or is it simply that Im being selfish for not supplying my group with Replenishment and that replenishment will increase my dps further regardless?

Thanks for your time and have a nice day.

Post 28 Mar 2010 18:31

gnarwhale01 wrote:This question is in regards to the deep destruction build.

First off, I see a lot of warlocks picking up Demonic Embrace over Imp. HS, I took imp HS because I feel it helps the raid survive more easily. Im aware Demonic Embrace gives you more survival, but especially with Soul Link i have never had an issue suriviving; Am I wrong to take Imp. HS over Demonic Embrace?

Also, I see a lot of warlock guides suggest all sorts of things to spend your few extra talents in, but none of them suggest Unholy Power.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-tale ... 4r&group=1

This is my warlocks armory, hes an alt, try and ignore my minor glyphs and boatloads of hit, just jumping back on him. (I was using the healer trinket because it replaced Cannoneers Fuselighter and its pretty sweet on short 5 man bosses)

It seems to me Unholy Power would be the best option for optimal DPS, 12% imp damage. Anyone able to enlighten me why I see nobody with this spec?

I was told that Unholy Power is better at lower gear because it brings your imps damage up to that of someone in greater gear, and that ISL allows you to cast nearly non-stop, to that I ask:

So basically when I obtain better gear I should go with ISL?

What I still fail to understand is that if your imp is consitant with your gear, and having bad gear makes your imp do as much damage as someone really geared, than wouldnt the benefit only get greater the better gear (and harder your imp hits) you obtain?

Or is it simply that Im being selfish for not supplying my group with Replenishment and that replenishment will increase my dps further regardless?

Thanks for your time and have a nice day.

According to EJ, unholy power spec really is better DPS on lower gear levels while ISL spec goes past it with ICC gear.

Spec improved healthstone if no one else in your raid has it.
Spec replenishment if you don't have enough of them, DPS loss - if any - is insignificant.

Post 28 Mar 2010 18:39

Thanks for the quick reply.

One more thing, Is destruction close enough to the DPS of Affliction to still be viable? Im sure it depends on the fight, but im not someone who (at the moment) will be changing specs depending on the fight, so will my DPS really fall that far behind the other warlocks if I play Destruction?