Affliction best gems ?

Affliction best gems ?

Post 03 Dec 2012 12:52

Hey Paragon i have a question for Verdisha or Daewyn:

Who is the best gems between intelect and gems mastery for warlock affliction ? And why ?

And do you know why Diivil stop to play in MoP ?

Thanks so much !

( Sorry for my english i am French )

Re: Affliction best gems ?

Post 03 Dec 2012 14:46

It all depends on your current gear. To find the stat priority for your own character, you need to run it through Simcraft (which isn't of course perfect but it's still best tool we have).

However, in most cases, if your gear is already suitable for raiding and your stats are at least somehow balanced, 2 mastery is better than 1 intellect, which means that you should prioritize mastery in gemming. I am not sure I am able to tell you exactly "why" other than I actually trust to Simcraft and my own experiences haven't given me a reason to doubt what it is telling me.

Diivil probably stopped playing because he lost his interest towards WoW, just like most people who decide to quit.

Post 04 Dec 2012 12:07

Thanks you for your answer and Simcraft it's good for me !

Good luck for the continuations

Post 04 Dec 2012 13:25

to give the actual explanation as to mastery>intellect, it is because our mastery is essentially the same thing as intellect for us, since it buffs our dot damege. which intellect does aswell since all of our damege is dots. however, the mastery buff is a percentage after the intellect buffs the base, so after a certain amount of intellect mastery actually buffs it more. this break point is around 480 ilvl

Post 04 Dec 2012 17:30

Ok ty !