Demo or Destro for HM Spine?

Demo or Destro for HM Spine?

Post 24 Apr 2012 05:49

Hi guys!

I need you opinion please. My dmg on HM Spine is really low. I pull like 1.2M per tendon going Demo, and my other guildmates pull like twice that amount. I burst all my CDs just before lifting the plate, i.e. Meta/DS > BoD > HoG > ShadowFlame > Immolate > Corruption > Immolation Aura and start spamming Incinarate. Btw, I still have not the 4 Tier pieces to gain the SF SP boost. Would that make the significant difference? So, ppl told me to go Destro, because is a faster DMGer than Demo. I think maybe that's right. I know all the three warlock specs but here in Cata I've just been Demo/Affli because I find them the better so far.

So, I wanted to ask you if I certainly should go Destro for HM Spine instead Demo before trying tomorrow on the raid.

If you need it, my armory is:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/m ... r/advanced

Here you can watch the damage I do for Burning Tendons: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/c4g5 ... &target=65

The best damage I've done it's like 1,4M per tendon.

P.D.

Should I change my H T12 gear for the 397 Valor ones? I've had THE WORST LUCK EVER on tier 13 tokens, that's why I've killed like 10 times 5/8 HMs and still haven't the 4tier piece yet, not even 3 :s

Thank you very much, I'd reeeeaaaaally appreciate so much your help/advices.

Re: Demo or Destro for HM Spine?

Post 24 Apr 2012 12:16

Hey,

Im maybe not a warlock but when i do it our lock goes demo.

I notice that only he is on the bloods trying to refresh the cd for Metamorphis so he has it for each plate lift not sure how you refresh it but he is basically spamming hellfire by the looks of it.

Maybe not alot of help but if you can refresh meta every lift demo should technically be the more probably choice.

Hope it helped in some way.

Syban

Post 24 Apr 2012 21:51

Yeah, well, I have it ready for every tendon attempt too, still, my damage is kinda low.

Well, thanks for your comment Syban.

Post 25 Apr 2012 05:03

It is certainly easier to handle the rotation as a destruction during the tendon phase, but as long as you get meta for each opening, demo should perform better. There are a few things I'd like to point out:

1. Do you have Moonwell Chalice? If you haven't even started the dailies in Molten Front it might be a bit too time consuming to obtain at this point but if you are able to get it in reasonable time, you should certainly get it.

2. Your reforges are a bit off. If you are playing affliction, crit should be better stat than mastery and if you are playing demo, you haven't prioritized mastery enough.

3. You didn't mention pet swapping on your rotation, but that's also something you should do. Preferably you start with felstorm and switch to fel hunter when it's over but if that feels too hard, it is an increase to make the pet swap combined with demon soul just before tendon pops as well.

4. I have also seen a few macros around which basically include the whole tendon rotation, I suggest you to do some research if you feel that such macro could be an answer.

I hope those pointers helped but if there is anything else you would like to ask, feel free to contact me here, in-game or at IRC.

edit: Oh, and to the other poster, hellfire doesn't reduce the cooldown on meta, incinerate/shadowbolt/HoG/Soulfire spamming does.

Post 26 Apr 2012 00:54

Thanks for the reply Daewyn.

Well, no, I don't have the MC trinket. I am actually a Demo player, and I have reforged a lot stats to Mastery. And yes, I don't swap pets during the burst on tendons, I thought it wastes valuable seconds that can be more useful damaging the tendons with other spells e.g. incinarate, hog, etc). I was actually thinking about using the Bottled Wishes trinket, the increase on haste and the 2290 SP bonus sounds really great, I may test it tomorrow during the tries.

Post 26 Apr 2012 07:35

Pet swapping before tendon pop wastes no time at all if timed correctly (other than blood/corruption dps but that shouldn't matter) and doing it during the tendon costs one global cd and improves your damage enough to make it worth it if you do it correctly.

Bottled wishes is your best trinket choice if you can't get MWC, certainly.

Post 27 Apr 2012 00:19

Well, thank you very much man/ma'am. I'll keep that on mind tonight.

Post 04 May 2012 12:14

Hello! I have both MWC and Bottle wishes and i currently use both of them on 25HC spine.
I pop MWC when amalgamation gets the 9 stack, pop meta+demon soul+immolation when it's about to explode, then i go melee range, pop Bottle whishes and dps the tendon.
Is it right to use them both as i do? or is it better use one on first lift and the other on second? Or is even better use chalice + another trinket?
I got HC Cunning and normal WoU... I got engineering gloves too.

Here's my armory link http://eu.battle.net/wow/it/character/h ... 6/advanced

Thanks in advance =)

Post 04 May 2012 13:18

If your only goal is to get as high tendon damage as possible, you are currently doing it almost currently. You shouldn't pop any other cooldowns than Meta before the tendon is exposed but I believe you have understood the principle correctly.

Edit: When I say "any other cooldowns" I didn't mean DG or immolation aura, which should be used just before tendon is targettable to not waste any globals. Do you remember to pet swap as well?

Post 04 May 2012 14:19

I pop demon soul and then petswap. I heard the felhunter outdps felguard on the tendon. Correct?