destro vs aff?

destro vs aff?

Post 24 Mar 2012 00:28

as the topic says, destro or aff?

What i mean by that is, destro sims about the same as aff, and on ultraxion it beats aff according to raidbots, but on most other fighst aff beats out destro quite nicely.

So my questen is, is aff really better, or are there just more better geared players that play aff, so the numbers for aff looks higher then destro dps, on raidbots.

atm i have mostly been demo/destro, but considering going demo/aff, just not sure wether aff truly is better then destro, or if the numbers on raidbots are just "inflated" cuz more high geared players are aff?

Re: destro vs aff?

Post 24 Mar 2012 07:44

I have not played destruction during this tier at all so my view on the issue is rather limited. I personally believe though that affliction gives more to the table than destruction due to superior multi target damage and and better AoE. I have not gone through the logs to extensively compare the players and the specs with each other but I would guess that there are skilled and geared players playing both specs almost equally.

Post 24 Mar 2012 12:49

Ok, thx for the answer.

Just seemed to me that most locks in high end raiding guilds mostly played aff, since that has been the superior spec most of the time. And maybe that also where reflected on raidbots :)

Been demo for so long, and for various reasons destro had to be my offspec, so never played aff much.
Therefore it would prolly be stupid to go aff if the actual difference wasnt as high as it looks on raidbots.

But it seems that u believe that aff is the better spec, so maybe i should just go for it :)

Also guessing that aff is by far the best for maddness hc? but what about spine?

Post 26 Mar 2012 05:01

Madness hc is an interesting fight currently (at least for my guild) because the actual dps numbers hardly reflect the benefit a certain player brings to the raid. There are multiple situations where doing most dps is actually hurting more than helping the raid (dps'ing arms too low, AoE'ing bloods too fast, ignoring the tentacles when cataclysm is on etc) and affliction is pretty efficient for meter whoring there. Depending on your raid dps on each area the best spec might vary but I would make the choice personally between demo and affliction.

On spine you should be playing demo if you have enough time between the tendons to get your meta up most of the time, otherwise I don't even know, I have played affliction the last 2 weeks and I haven't been very good in terms of tendon dps.

Post 26 Mar 2012 19:27

yeah, i see what u mean :) thx again for the answers :)