Demon Soul and when to use it

Demon Soul and when to use it

Post 30 Jan 2012 08:33

Hello everyone,

I have a question regarding demon soul,

1. Currently i use it before i start to dot my target, so that makes

CoE > shadow bolt > Haunt > demons soul > the rest ...

I don't know if this is the way to go, so that's one question.

2. what do i do when it comes off cd again ? Are there any dots worth refreshing after popping it? Even when i just cast them?
Or is it a straight dps loss if i do so ? i have demon Soul macro to Haunt spell...

Re: Demon Soul and when to use it

Post 30 Jan 2012 10:43

You should probably start with shadow bolt, which you start casting like 1 - 2 seconds before pull and after that continue with CoE, haunt etc. I personally put up one set of dots before haunt but I'm not even sure if that's the optimal way to do it, the differences are quite small anyway.

If I were you though, I wouldn't macro Demon Soul on any other spell. It's quite strong cooldown which you should not just use instantly when it comes off cooldown, it's a lot better to time it properly (of course not on the cost of losing one Demon soul during encounter) so you can actually refresh your dots just after you have used it, which makes it possible to refresh them again with Demon Soul effect before it runs out.

You should also always be sure you have one for execute range, so if encounter is going to last for example 1:30 and the boss has 40% hp, you are better off saving the Demon soul until the boss hits 25%.

I believe refreshing CoD is worth it during Demon Soul (which you should do every time if the fight duration is long enough) but other than that, I wouldn't refresh any dot unless it's about to end.