Warmaster Blackhorn heroic

Warmaster Blackhorn heroic

Post 26 Dec 2011 14:20

Hello, Paragon locks.
I was wondering if you could give us some advice on that fight. My 10man guild is about to start our tries and I want to have as much info as I can.
Mainly, what do you think is the appropriate spec for it? I've seen most 10man Locks are going Affliction. Is is because of multi-dotting and mobility? I've been going Demo for all the fights in DS so far, but I think Demo will be lacking on this one.
I don't think it's essential for you to know, but here goes our comp anyway:

Tanks:
Prot Warrior
Feral Druid

Healers:
Disc Priest
Resto Shaman
Holy Pally

DPS:
Warrior
Warlock
Mage
Hunter
Elemental Shaman
Shadow Priest
Rogue

I listed 12 people because that is what is available to us, but on this fight it is likely our Hunter and Disc Priest will sit out. All our caster DPS have legendaries.

Do you have any specific advice as to what to pay attention on this fight? I mean besides the obvious (dps drakes ASAP, etc), what kind of behavior would be optimal for my DPS and contribution to the fight? Do I keep my pet on the humanoids or switch it to drakes when they come down?

Thanks!

Re: Warmaster Blackhorn heroic

Post 27 Dec 2011 23:08

Affli perform very well on this fight. Make target macro for drakes, if executed properly you should have all dots up on both drakes when they fly by.

Start the fight on the helm, apply all dots and Haunt, soulswap and fel flame once or twice while running into pos for drake number two (depends if first drake bugs out and stays for another GCD). Transfer all dots and apply Haunt.

After that its a simple matter of applying dots on melee mobs and dotting new drakes as they fly by. Enjoyable fight as affli!

Re: Warmaster Blackhorn heroic

Post 28 Dec 2011 16:39

Opustjej wrote:Affli perform very well on this fight. Make target macro for drakes, if executed properly you should have all dots up on both drakes when they fly by.

Start the fight on the helm, apply all dots and Haunt, soulswap and fel flame once or twice while running into pos for drake number two (depends if first drake bugs out and stays for another GCD). Transfer all dots and apply Haunt.

After that its a simple matter of applying dots on melee mobs and dotting new drakes as they fly by. Enjoyable fight as affli!

What I usually struggle with as Affliction and multi-Dotting is Shadow & Flame and Shadow Embrace uptime. Should I try to keep 3 stacks on all (or at least more than one) target?
Some other relevant questions would be:
- Who should I keep BoD on? Or Should I stick to BoA on all targets as long as there is more than 1?
- Should I use the glyph of BoA instead of glyph of UA in multi-target fights like this? If the answer to this is "It depends on how much haste you have", what would be the turning point?
- Is there any special optimal reforging or should I stick to the traditional haste > crit > mastery?
- If I CoE one of the melee mobs, is the range of 2 points Jinx enough that it reaches the drakes when they come down? (I guess I'll test this one for myself tonight...)

I'm not sure if it's just a latency issue, but I really see no way I can do this. I've doing this fight as Demo and the most I can do on drakes that are flying by is one Immolate and one Corruption (Incinerate build with longer Immolate cast time). Even though UA's cast time will be much shorter and my reforges will focus on haste, I doubt I'll be able to apply all 3 DoTs and cast Soul Swap on top of that.
Maybe it's not only latency but also a positioning problem? I'm standing on the top most part of the back of the boat, right in the middle where there is this kind of "depression" (you have to run all the way up the stairs to get there). Is this what you mean by helm?