Metamorphosis and heroic Majordomo Staghelm

Metamorphosis and heroic Majordomo Staghelm

Post 31 Oct 2011 05:58

Hello!

I don´t know if it´s relevant but this is me: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/q ... c/advanced

And now to my question:
In the heroic Majordomo fight do you, as a rile of thumb, use Metamorphosis on CD?
or
Do you save meta for scorpion phase so that you are able to put your immolation aura to use and also take less damage to support your healers?
or
Do you save meta for the cat phases when you have max stack of Concentration?

And a side question:
If you use Moonwell Chalice trinket, do you save meta so that you can use together with the trinket? In a normal situation for me Demon Soul and MWC has around 30 seconds remaining when meta comes of CD. Not much I know, but am I stupid to wait with meta so that I can use it after MWC?

Re: Metamorphosis and heroic Majordomo Staghelm

Post 31 Oct 2011 19:11

User avatarHermanni

Malefic wrote:In the heroic Majordomo fight do you, as a rile of thumb, use Metamorphosis on CD?

Pretty much but wait until Concentration is up in the beginning.

Do you save meta for scorpion phase so that you are able to put your immolation aura to use and also take less damage to support your healers?

No.

Do you save meta for the cat phases when you have max stack of Concentration?

Wait so what, you're taking scythes? Tell your raid leader to get one of those clue things.

And a side question:
If you use Moonwell Chalice trinket, do you save meta so that you can use together with the trinket? In a normal situation for me Demon Soul and MWC has around 30 seconds remaining when meta comes of CD. Not much I know, but am I stupid to wait with meta so that I can use it after MWC?

Don't use MWC if you're not going to get Meta for it (unless the boss is just about to die or something) and usually you should wait with Meta until your MWC is up, but if you have really nice Impending Doom procs and your Meta comes up 40+ seconds (or so) before MWC you could just use it right away.

Post 15 Nov 2011 23:18

Malefic wrote:
And a side question:

From my understanding, when you use meta it takes a "snapshot" of your stats right before entering meta. It keeps these stats for the whole duration of meta. So if one had say 17 seconds left until meta came off CD you could pop the Moonwell Chalice as long as you used meta before the 20 seconds of moonwell chalice ends, theoretically the effects of the Moonwell Chalice would last another 36 seconds while in meta form. I don't have my moonwell chalice yet and haven't personally tested this. But I do intend too, as this could be a very helpful DPS increase. Though if someone does have a Chalice and does test this, please let me know the results.

Post 16 Nov 2011 17:19

Skuldane wrote:From my understanding, when you use meta it takes a "snapshot" of your stats right before entering meta. It keeps these stats for the whole duration of meta.

Only mastery, not all stats.
Doomguard, on the other hand, snapshots both mastery and spellpower and haste does not affect it at all. I'm not sure about crit...

So if one had say 17 seconds left until meta came off CD you could pop the Moonwell Chalice as long as you used meta before the 20 seconds of moonwell chalice ends, theoretically the effects of the Moonwell Chalice would last another 36 seconds while in meta form.

Yes, this works.

Post 16 Nov 2011 22:41

Xayide wrote:
Skuldane wrote:From my understanding, when you use meta it takes a "snapshot" of your stats right before entering meta. It keeps these stats for the whole duration of meta.

Only mastery, not all stats.
Doomguard, on the other hand, snapshots both mastery and spellpower and haste does not affect it at all. I'm not sure about crit...

So if one had say 17 seconds left until meta came off CD you could pop the Moonwell Chalice as long as you used meta before the 20 seconds of moonwell chalice ends, theoretically the effects of the Moonwell Chalice would last another 36 seconds while in meta form.

Yes, this works.

Mmm, yes. Which also makes it important to use your Volcanic Potion before popping your DoomGuard.