Theralion's Mirror + Legendary Staff @ Diivil

Theralion's Mirror + Legendary Staff @ Diivil

Post 06 Sep 2011 17:16

Someone just pointed out that there is a bug related to the Legendary Staff and Theralion's Mirror. Causing its uptime near 52%.

Diivil or anyone there have this combo can test for us?

I might be completing the staff only in the end of the week. Need to farm V&T HM for the drop though.

Here is the link to a log of a Elem. Shammy that proof the "bug"
http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-82la3 ... 054&e=4390

Source: http://elitistjerks.com/f80/t125554-dra ... ost2000488
TY!

Edit: Typo.

Re: Theralion's Mirror + Legendary Staff @ Diivil

Post 06 Sep 2011 17:32

The proc from Dragonwrath ignores the ICD of all procs and trinkets and uses its own. For example, if Arcane Blast procced MirrorICD1, Wrath of Tarecgosa (Dragonwrath proc) can proc MirrorICD2 even if MirrorICD1 is on cooldown. Similiarly, if you had a spell proc TailoringEnchant1 and put it on cooldown, Wrath of Tarecgosa can still proc it because it doesn't think it's off cooldown (it uses TailoringEnchant2's cooldown). Basically you'll have close to or double the uptime of everything that procs.

Post 06 Sep 2011 18:59

Twitch wrote:The proc from Dragonwrath ignores the ICD of all procs and trinkets and uses its own. For example, if Arcane Blast procced MirrorICD1, Wrath of Tarecgosa (Dragonwrath proc) can proc MirrorICD2 even if MirrorICD1 is on cooldown. Similiarly, if you had a spell proc TailoringEnchant1 and put it on cooldown, Wrath of Tarecgosa can still proc it because it doesn't think it's off cooldown (it uses TailoringEnchant2's cooldown). Basically you'll have close to or double the uptime of everything that procs.

if what you say is true, the uptime of DMC volcano should be 52% in that combatlog, not the classic 26%. But it's 26%.

Post 06 Sep 2011 20:30

I don't have the mirror but I did a quick test with bell of enraging resonance and it also seemed to proc during ICD.

Post 07 Sep 2011 02:55

Riccardino wrote:
Twitch wrote:The proc from Dragonwrath ignores the ICD of all procs and trinkets and uses its own. For example, if Arcane Blast procced MirrorICD1, Wrath of Tarecgosa (Dragonwrath proc) can proc MirrorICD2 even if MirrorICD1 is on cooldown. Similiarly, if you had a spell proc TailoringEnchant1 and put it on cooldown, Wrath of Tarecgosa can still proc it because it doesn't think it's off cooldown (it uses TailoringEnchant2's cooldown). Basically you'll have close to or double the uptime of everything that procs.

if what you say is true, the uptime of DMC volcano should be 52% in that combatlog, not the classic 26%. But it's 26%.

I don't know then, it might just not work for certain things that have different, small requirements before it procs. I do know (as Diivil also confirmed just above) that it DOES ignore the ICD of most procs and uses its own cooldowns.

Also, less than a day ago the proc was double dipping on debuffs on the target (such as Curse of Elements) which has now been hotfixed. Not sure if they've hotfixed the seperate ICD thing as well, someone's going to have to test it again.

Post 07 Sep 2011 11:43

From what i've read till now, only Dots procs Wrath of Tarecgosa, Casting spells i.e Arcane blast like you said, was just thrown another copy of the spell with chance of crit equal the spell who triggered the staff effect.

The fact that the staff IGNORES the ICD from trinkets and enchantments like Power Torrent nor Tailoring enchant is kinda new even in Theory crafting forums.

Manny players posted their logs and no one got an extremely high weird uptime from any other enchantments nor trinkets witch have normally 20~26%.

Maybe this will be fixed as soon as they note the weird uptime on the trinkets.

@Diivil, man that ill be sick if they keep this. Proc trinkets ill be SO MUCH valuable than On Use trinkets for some classes and specs.

I'm wondering what happens with the VPLC (trinket from Ragnaros) on this scenario with the recently 260% stealth buff.

OMG. Can't wait for mine, so close now! *_*

Post 09 Sep 2011 04:42

The Wrath of Tarecgosa should no longer ignore cooldowns when a clone spell procs.
The Wrath of Tarecgosa should no longer trigger melee procs from trinkets, however, it should still trigger melee procs from abilities such as Flametongue Attack.

Nerfed!

Post 09 Sep 2011 19:55

Yah, just like the Essences drop rate!

Should end the current CD with the staff. Now i need 14 more then kill Regular Rag as my guild is working on Majordomo HM now! Damn Blizz! =x