Question On Demo For Jubeto,

Re: Question On Demo For Jubeto,

Post 27 Jul 2011 17:53

Mailis wrote:And what are your thoughts on haste and immolate for demo? i know that EJ has some haste thresholds calcs, but how much does that even matter since immolate will always be refreshed with HoG? Does it mean that for demo, immolate just scales dynamicly with haste?

The thresholds for Immolate are mostly irrelevant for single target, but relevant for multi-dotting.

Post 26 Aug 2011 01:57

Hi guys, A question for Jubeto: Why u put Reckless Ember Topaz instead of Artful Ember Topaz?
And my warlock have 20 mastery and only 9.53% haste should i change a bit to get more haste?
Ty

Post 26 Aug 2011 07:15

User avatarJubeto

Mailis wrote:Saw another post where u say that for demo, u should go haste with normal gear and mastery with hc gear?
Are we talking about t11 og t12? Or should I just forget that and just look at the 1846(goblin) haste for the corruption tick, and then go full out on mastery?

And what are your thoughts on haste and immolate for demo? i know that EJ has some haste thresholds calcs, but how much does that even matter since immolate will always be refreshed with HoG? Does it mean that for demo, immolate just scales dynamicly with haste?

This was during t11 content when there was no moonwell chalice available, If you don't have chalice you should go for the 1993 haste rating (1846 goblin). With mwc you should get at least the 1573 threshold (1431 goblin), no exceptions. If you happen to have a gear with ~1800+ (~1700+ goblin) haste and can't get it lower, you should go for the second corruption tick. The thresholds increase the frequency of ticks so It doesn't matter even if the dots get refreshed.

Xayide wrote:The thresholds for Immolate are mostly irrelevant for single target, but relevant for multi-dotting.

The thresholds are always relevant.

Warlockou wrote:Hi guys, A question for Jubeto: Why u put Reckless Ember Topaz instead of Artful Ember Topaz?
And my warlock have 20 mastery and only 9.53% haste should i change a bit to get more haste?
Ty

I'm having 1575 haste at this moment. If I changed my gemming to mastery I'd have to reforge haste from some piece of gear.
I could squeeze up to 12 more mastery rating by doing so, but I cba since I might try affli some day.

Goddamn, this fissure skill is inaccurate.

Post 02 Oct 2011 10:54

You've got the associations backwards. Tick frequency is affected by haste in a linear fashion at all levels, and thresholds are triggered when the tick frequency would bring the DoT's total duration more than one half-tick below the base duration.

Post 03 Oct 2011 18:07

Keldion wrote:You've got the associations backwards. Tick frequency is affected by haste in a linear fashion at all levels, and thresholds are triggered when the tick frequency would bring the DoT's total duration more than one half-tick below the base duration.

Exactly. And that's why thresholds are mostly irrelevant for single target, since you're always refreshing your DoTs before they reach their final tick.

I say mostly because you do get some advantage from them, mainly because the DoT durations increase at the thresholds, allowing for less frequent refreshes. Also, for Demonology, if you use the last minute refresh on Corruption during Meta, you also get an extra empowered tick. I highly doubt those are reasons to actively pursue them though other than for specific fights that would greatly benefit from this, like Valiona and Ascendant Council, which are already obsolete anyway...

Post 30 Oct 2011 02:10

I'mma hijack this for a moment...

It seems all four(?) of Paragon's resident warlocks are Demo these days.

Three out of four of which have Tailoring/Engineering.

Why these professions?
Would you advise anything else?

Post 30 Oct 2011 10:53

Tailoring give the highest dps bonus right now in couple with jc. I think they (me too) prefer engineering for the on use tinker on gloves and maybe the speed boost/shield on waist also if they could fail.

Post 05 Nov 2011 22:12

I recall reading that you have an attack macro.

Do you have a macro for Metamorphosis to include Leap, Aura, and the like or just individual binds for each spell?